Bike stolen

Left work today in London Wall only to discover my old 2017 Specialized Allez Elite had been stolen from the bike racks outside the job.

Distraught is a word I would use. ☹️

Comments

• lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    2017 is next to new to me!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    lesfirth said:

Same here and I know I wouldn't be able to convince my missus that 2017 makes mine an old bike.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958

Left work today in London Wall only to discover my old 2017 Specialized Allez Elite had been stolen from the bike racks outside the job.

Distraught is a word I would use. ☹️

Really sorry for you.
    Some thieving b*stards out there!

Did you have it insured?

Out of interest, what lock were you using,? Did they cut through that?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    lesfirth said:

Three years commuting in all weathers will make a bike look very second hand. Rims and drivetrain are either shot or have already been replaced.
    Still bloody annoying. Knackered looking bike with decent components and a couple of fookin’ hefty locks is the way to go.
  • darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 470
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for all the comments.

It was a good solid bike that I’ve used almost everyday since the day I picked it up back in May 2017. It went very well despite running on the original gears, cables and rear sprocket.

It was a bit of a Triggers broom bike because I changed the brakes and chainset to Tiagra to match what it came with along with S Works carbon seatpost, S Works stem, S Works carbon bars, S Works carbon saddle and Fulcrum 7 wheels with Gatorskins. All these parts came used from EBay.

All complete with a ton of London grime and crud.

• darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 470
    edited February 2020
    Every construction site I’ve been on in the last 3 years have cycle racks once you go through security and I’ve never had a problem. This particular job hasn’t so I locked it to the racks on London Wall and after 9 days...off it goes.

It was locked with a D lock through the frame and back wheel along with a thick cable with a loop on either end that went through the front wheel and the rack and onto the D lock. They must’ve cut through or broken the lock.

It had SPD-SL pedals.