tuesday government, three-fourths parasitic and the other fourth stupid fumbling

'ning

coffee, pancake and more webex evading, early bail i think
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale ,another busy day ,hope it stays fine
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH which suits as I’m going to watch the Liverpool game later. Unfortunately my 15 he old won’t drive
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Too windy here for cycling to work on shit roads.
    Train's late, as usual.

Onwards and upwards.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Aren't Liverpool planning to use their 15 yos in the match tonight while the big boys get a week off?

Sun is shining! Outdoor tasks beckon. May involve logging and splitting, stocks getting low and I doubt winter is over and done with.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Windy an biting cold wind here so walked in.

SG, no Pineapple crepe? Would go nicely with an espresso I think.

Product testing was meant to be happening today, thats been binned owning to said wind so not actually sure whats going on now.
    Also booked to go away to Spain in a couple of weeks, lets hope thats not a total waste
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Me doing chores me. It's frikkin windy.
    Then go get tracking done on Porker.
    If the rear boots don't improve, i've narrowed it down to Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, Pirelli Sottozero's, Goodyear Potenzas or... Pirelli P Zero's? But i've had no experience of Pirelli's P Zero. Any thoughts?
    I think I should cross the sottozero's off the list. Noisy apparently and one or two have said skittish.

Far too windy for outdoor pedalling.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    step83 said:

pancakes, lemon and sugar, it's the law, perhaps pineapple on the side though...
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    sungod said:

step83 said:

pancakes, lemon and sugar, it's the law, perhaps pineapple on the side though...
    Fair point, could go so far as caramelised Pineapple with Pancakes, bit too sweet possibly though.

Also making a workbench hopefully soon, anyone done such a stupid task?
  • step83 said:

sungod said:

step83 said:

Fair point, could go so far as caramelised Pineapple with Pancakes, bit too sweet possibly though.

Yes, I have. (Although, tbf, my shed is a little more roomy than most...)

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman said:

parents get upset when my vicious Staffy licks there brats to death when stroked. I'm sure they expect their kids to be eaten instead.

From my experience staffys will lick you to death if they don't think you're giving them enough attention.
  • oxoman said:

I thought I had a decent sized man cave, Your bench is about a 3rd the size of my whole man cave. I'm jealous.
    Hopefully moving in next 18 months, so will be looking for bigger man cave and storage for a non eco friendly combustion engined vehicle before there banned totally. Fancy an old Suzuki sj hybrid jeep with monster engine in.

That's just one of the benches, tucked away in the back corner. It's 4800 * 1200... there's a few more elsewhere in the shed. :)

• pinno
    edited February 2020
    step83 said:

sungod said:

step83 said:

Yes but if you expect me to comment, then I expect you to comment about my tyres...

#b1tch

The standard is 400mm wide, though I did mine @ 500mm.

Remember silly things like not putting a vice near the corner.
    Create apertures for tool boxes,
    I built mine with 3 x 3 posts - build it to a height conducive to you.
    Marine ply tops 18mm but I added 10mm ply to the top so that when you wreck the top. you simply take off the old 10mm ply.
    I also have a metal plate inset for bashing, soldering and welding.
  • step83

step83 said:

sungod said:

step83 said:

Jebus thats huge. Dwarfs what I'll be doing at 1200X600. tis a mere tiddler compared to that beast!

Reckon making it from 1.5X3" timber with a double layered 18mm ply top will be stout enough? Ill be bracing it an ideally slapping a wood vise in.
  • pinno
    A mitre saw is highly beneficial to having x number of posts the right height. Better than trimming continuously when your post starts @900mm and then gets down to elf height.
    If you haven't got one, speak to a friendly joiner who can also cut your tops etc with a bench saw, all lovely and neat.
    Then all you have to do is screw it together.

When I did that bus to motor home conversion, I planned it all and got a joiner to cut all the large pieces of MDF. What a difference and he also picked up flaws in my plans.

If you pm me an email address, i'll show you how I planned it on Excel of all things.
  • Should be, although I generally use 4*2" framing timber for most jobs as it's readily available and just as cheap.

Top deck on mine above is single 32mm ply. It's plenty strong enough for what I do, but in reality is a little soft and easily marked. Am considering putting a hardwood skin on top
  • step83
    pinno said:

A mitre saw is highly beneficial to having x number of posts the right height. Better than trimming continuously when your post starts @900mm and then gets down to elf height.
    If you haven't got one, speak to a friendly joiner who can also cut your tops etc with a bench saw, all lovely and neat.
    Then all you have to do is screw it together.

When I did that bus to motor home conversion, I planned it all and got a joiner to cut all the large pieces of MDF. What a difference and he also picked up flaws in my plans.

If you pm me an email address, i'll show you how I planned it on Excel of all things.

I have a mitre and a compound chop saw, along with a jigsaw and circular saw handy for me one of the default sizes for the timber is 1200, the next is 2400.
    Height wise 850/900 is about what I'm aiming for I have a bottom box for a smaller tool trolley which is about 700mm high so i will be making it so it can roll under then the top box on top.
    I shall ping you a message shortly

Should be, although I generally use 4*2" framing timber for most jobs as it's readily available and just as cheap.

Top deck on mine above is single 32mm ply. It's plenty strong enough for what I do, but in reality is a little soft and easily marked. Am considering putting a hardwood skin on top

I'll slap some some hardwood ply on for now, I wont glue the panels together just bolt them so I can either flip or replace with something else if needed
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164

step83 said:

sungod said:

step83 said:

Is that you WS?

Long day for me, out the house at 6am to drive to our Northampton office for a few meetings. Got back an hour ago after a particularly tedious drive back in rush hour. Now supping wine and feeling a wee bit tired.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Me doing chores me. It's frikkin windy.
    Then go get tracking done on Porker.
    If the rear boots don't improve, i've narrowed it down to Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, Pirelli Sottozero's, Goodyear Potenzas or... Pirelli P Zero's? But i've had no experience of Pirelli's P Zero. Any thoughts?
    I think I should cross the sottozero's off the list. Noisy apparently and one or two have said skittish.

Far too windy for outdoor pedalling.

Panzer has Pilot Sports which are pretty good. Not sure about the others as not tried them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666 said:

Is that you WS?

Yep, several kg lighter now though...
  • pinno

Stevo_666 said:

Is that you WS?

Lighter?!

I imagined you like a rugby player.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Is that you WS?

Lighter?!

Probably doesn't like Israel Folau though.

Ok, for the avoidance of doubt, the above statement is a joke...
  • step83 said:

I have a mitre and a compound chop saw, along with a jigsaw and circular saw handy for me one of the default sizes for the timber is 1200, the next is 2400.
    Height wise 850/900 is about what I'm aiming for I have a bottom box for a smaller tool trolley which is about 700mm high so i will be making it so it can roll under then the top box on top.
    I shall ping you a message shortly

Should be, although I generally use 4*2" framing timber for most jobs as it's readily available and just as cheap.

I'll slap some some hardwood ply on for now, I wont glue the panels together just bolt them so I can either flip or replace with something else if needed
    Drop saw is on it's own (mobile) stand, there's a demountable drill press, jointer plus dust extractor, chainsaw sharpener and a few other gadgets can go on the bench but mainly clear space when it's not covered in work in progress...

Separate tool chest on wheels, plus a couple small fold-up work tables, a cast iron router table, a small table saw, and air compressor.

Two more circular saws, large and small routers, jigsaw, sabre saw, several drills, electric planes (2), belt sanders (2), biscuit joiner, and odds and ends... no welding gear ATM, but looking to get some again.

Shed has both single and 3 phase power available.

I spend a bit of time in there. :D

• awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    thats no shed,thats a space station!!! :o #lookatthesizeofthatthing
  • Stevo_666
    awavey said:

Probably looks like this on the outside

• orraloon said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Is that you WS?

Lighter?!

Probably doesn't like Israel Folau though.

Ok, for the avoidance of doubt, the above statement is a joke...
    Correct, the bloke's an utter...

One for the irony thread though, he has lips that any drag queen would *kill* for..

• pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Is that you WS?

Lighter?!

Lordy no. Bit over 6', and usually around 80kg at most. Race weight was down as low as 72kg. Photo above was about 86 kg I think.
  • pinno
    On another shed note: plans for my 2 storey garage have been submitted.
    (I've just bored the pants off Step83).
  • Stevo_666 said:

awavey said:

Sadly it's a lot bigger and uglier than that... :smiley:
    Roughly 28 metres by 10 for that main building and quite high roof pitch, which interferes with our view a little. There's a second double garage over the back of it, and the annexe along the end is about 3 metres by 16 or so.

If I ever win the lottery the first thing on my to do list would be to completely rebuild it, with an almost flat skillion roofline, probably with a few banks of solar cells on it and some battery storage for power. We already have 16 panels on the house roof, but could do with more. Shed would also then get proper weather sealing, some decent electric doors and better storage.

I built a bunch of rack shelving last year at the other end from some left-over bits and pieces which holds all the gardening tools and sundry bits and pieces, but really need some better small-stuff arrangement.

Now has an additional top shelf too, ran out of space on these. :smile:

Just behind it is the main water tank, which is about 120,000 litres. Second lottery project would be to replace that with (preferably) an underground one.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

awavey said:

Sadly it's a lot bigger and uglier than that... :smiley:
    Roughly 28 metres by 10 for that main building and quite high roof pitch, which interferes with our view a little. There's a second double garage over the back of it, and the annexe along the end is about 3 metres by 16 or so.

If I ever win the lottery the first thing on my to do list would be to completely rebuild it, with an almost flat skillion roofline, probably with a few banks of solar cells on it and some battery storage for power. We already have 16 panels on the house roof, but could do with more. Shed would also then get proper weather sealing, some decent electric doors and better storage.

I built a bunch of rack shelving last year at the other end from some left-over bits and pieces which holds all the gardening tools and sundry bits and pieces, but really need some better small-stuff arrangement.

Now has an additional top shelf too, ran out of space on these. :smile:

Just behind it is the main water tank, which is about 120,000 litres. Second lottery project would be to replace that with (preferably) an underground one.
    The things you can do when you have space and time...

Also thanks for posting some potential extra material for the next caption comp :p
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Oxo, Would you separate? Not interested in the kids but may take the wife off your hands, depending on condition obviously and perhaps a road test.
    Is she in original condition or has had any work done? How many owners, miles on clock etc?