Angela Wilson

Hi everyone, just joined the BR, just my first post, thought that I would show some pics of my bike.

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Who is Angela Wilson?
  • Wife of "BERTIE"
  • steve_sordy
    Err, that makes total sense. :)
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Still confused.

Could you also put these photos in 'Your Mountain Bikes' where they belong.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Hi there "robertpb" as an absolutely brand new addition to this wonderful friendly forum, you will forgive our, which seems to be, very unacceptable behavior. We always welcome new people warmly in Northern Ireland, I guess here, not so much. I apolagise for such seems to you like, "out of line, by being in the wrong place and not disclosing who exactly we are. I am also sorry for such a little thing which seems to make you unhappy. I am not sure I want to be part of such a high tension forum, As a woman I must say that I feel intimated by your demanding tone, feels a bit like an abusive relationship that I once suffered. Perhaps some other kinder forum user could explain where I have gone so terribly wrong?
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    There is a sub-forum titled "Your Mountain Bikes".
    That's the place to post photos of our bikes.

You have posted photos of two bikes today @bertie860 but in different sub-forums. That is what has led to the confusion.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Where the did you get, 'very unacceptable behavior' from. I just asked if you could put things in the right place, it helps others to find stuff that is all.

Didn't make me unhappy as I very rarely am, also as you don't know me don't jump to assumptions in one sentence I wrote.

For the last 60 odd years I have lived by, if I saw a man abusing a woman in word or deed I would step in, and I have done so. That is what I made my mind when I was 7 and read some of the stories in the papers about women who were murdered by their husbands and nobody took notice or turned a blind eye to their abuse.

So now your post has made me unhappy as nobody I know would describe me as you have.

In fact after 14 years of helping people with advise on this site, I've had enough.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Blimey. This escalated quickly. Chill out people.

Angela - what is the bike ? I can't make it out from the photo ? Looks pretty though.
  • steve_sordy
    bertie860 said:

Hi there "robertpb" as an absolutely brand new addition to this wonderful friendly forum, you will forgive our, which seems to be, very unacceptable behavior. We always welcome new people warmly in Northern Ireland, I guess here, not so much. I apolagise for such seems to you like, "out of line, by being in the wrong place and not disclosing who exactly we are. I am also sorry for such a little thing which seems to make you unhappy. I am not sure I want to be part of such a high tension forum, As a woman I must say that I feel intimated by your demanding tone, feels a bit like an abusive relationship that I once suffered. Perhaps some other kinder forum user could explain where I have gone so terribly wrong?

Please don't be intimidated by anyone on here who isn't outright abusive. When communicating through text, people have no idea who you are or where you live. Similarly you have no idea who the person addressing you is, or where they live unless they post it. For example, I had thought with the forum name "bertie860" that you were a man, not a woman. That shows what assumptions do for us. I also had no idea you live in Northern Ireland, just that you had a nice garden (if indeed that is your garden, assumptions again).

The other feature of communicating by text is that neither side can gauge the emotional state of the other, unless they tell you. Smilies can be of assistance here. :)

It is a matter for regret that you feel what robertpb posted to be demanding in tone. I don't see that at all, but hey we are all different people and have different trigger points. If he had added a smilie to the end of his sentence, presumably all would be well? :)

I have never noticed robertpb to be anything but helpful on this site. I don't know him at all, or where he lives, but I now know he is 60+ years old, is male and has been on this site for 14 years. I didn't know any of that until he posted above. :)

I sincerely hope that you and robertpb both stay on the site. :)<3