Quad hydraulic brakes

I have inherited a set of Quad QHD-1 hydraulic brakes. The hoses need renewing. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to get the correct dimension hoses and fittings. The system used Dot4 fluid and has a banjo attachment to the caliper.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Goodridge do a replacement hose kit for the QHD-4 brakes. It may be worth giving them a call and asking if there is a kit for the QHD-1 available.

However, it's worth bearing in mind that those brakes are probably 10 years old and only cost about £80. A hose kit will be in the region of £40 so you may be better off binning the brakes and buying some new ones. You can get a set of Deore brakes for around £90 or MT401's for £50.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    JBA said:

Goodridge do a replacement hose kit for the QHD-4 brakes. It may be worth giving them a call and asking if there is a kit for the QHD-1 available.

However, it's worth bearing in mind that those brakes are probably 10 years old and only cost about £80. A hose kit will be in the region of £40 so you may be better off binning the brakes and buying some new ones. You can get a set of Deore brakes for around £90 or MT401's for £50.

Sound advice. One thing worth noting is that for old kit there are often generic fixes on ebay that are a fraction of the price and work perfectly. I must be getting older because im getting satisfaction from repairing kit for next to nothing :)

(also im skint)