Advice for a road newbie purchase - Pinarello Paris FP

Hello! Years back (20+) I used to be a member of a fun CC outside of London and had a lovely Battaglin to spend hours and hours on. I've spent the last 10 years on various mtbs and feel very comfortable in that area, but now I want to get back into some roadie action and need some advice with what to buy.

I now live in Sweden and that poses some riding variations in regards to the weather (I normally run spikes on my hardtail during the winter months), so I'm really after somewhere near a bargain in terms of getting back in the 'teenie saddle', but have been away too long to really know if a deal is, in fact, a deal. Does anyone know if this is a decent price for around £700?

- Pinarello Paris FB Carbon road
- Hi modulus carbon fibre frame, 46HM 3K
- Campagnolo Record mechanical groupset, all carbon and titanium
- Campagnolo Record 11-25 rear cassette
- Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels
- Carbon bottle cages
- Spare brand new bottle bracket
- Additional Selle italia Carbonio SLR 125g saddle

Thanks for any thoughts!

Comments

• mr_mojo
    mr_mojo Posts: 200
    If it’s not been crashed or damaged and the components are not worn out then £700 is a decent price for a Pinarello with that specification.
  • shiznit76
    shiznit76 Posts: 640
    edited January 2020
    seems decent. How old is it though, and is it all working well? Cheeck things like wheels run smooth, gears indexing properly etc. Campag record parts are expensive and if anything wrong with them a like for like replacement could cost a few quid.
    Also, gearing is quite high, if you've been away from road bikes for a while you may be needing to get a bigger cassette, meaning a new chain and potentially new rear mech