Look 785 Huez

New last spring with 105 and rubbish wheels which were quickly changed for Sram Force, Rotor chainset, FSA/Vision bars, stem and post, I keep changing saddle between my very old SLR (just don't find the newer shape as comfy) which looks a bit messy on it and a Fizik Aliante R1 (I know they're very different...) and Giant SLR01 wheels with new model Schwalbe Pro One tubeless tyres.
Think it's about 7.2kg with pedals.
Currently in the loft out of harms way.
Spring can't come quick enough !

25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.

Comments

• looks great. I'm biased but I do love LOOKs. The rotor chainset looks really good with it. I've had nothing but probs with Schwalbe pro one tubeless - I hope you are having better luck...
  • Good looking rig that.
  • I have one. Mines about 1kg lighter and is an XL frame. Yet to ride it though, like you mines tucked away till the roads get dry.

Did you buy it as a frame? What Sram groupset is on there.

Are those the pro one tubeless tyres. If so the conti gp5000tl tyres wear at a slower rate, offer more grip,are more puncture resistant and are faster/more aero. The conti tyres are also not the best general riding tubeless tyres but in general are a better punt than the pro one.

I like the saddle to handlebar drop. Proper race position that.

I also love looks. Good choice.
    www.thecycleclinic.co.uk
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Really nice!
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    loumacari said:

looks great. I'm biased but I do love LOOKs. The rotor chainset looks really good with it. I've had nothing but probs with Schwalbe pro one tubeless - I hope you are having better luck...

The Rotor does look good, had a Red chainset first but this just looks better.
    I did have Ultegra di2 for about 2 months but just wasn't that impressed with it plus had to wait ages for the bits from Look so the cables/wires fit into the frame properly (changed it back to Force before they ever arrived).
    Only did a couple of rides on the tyres before it went in the loft so we'll see how they are in Spring. They came ready fitted to the wheels and are the new variant. They look really narrow compared to the older version in the exact same 25mm size I have on a pair of Hunt Aero wide wheels but that'll be down to rim width.
    This is the second pair of these Giant SLR01s I've had and managed to fit some 27mm Vittoria Open Pave's on which are just the best clinchers going although they do wear pretty quickly.
  • galatzo

I have one. Mines about 1kg lighter and is an XL frame. Yet to ride it though, like you mines tucked away till the roads get dry.

Did you buy it as a frame? What Sram groupset is on there.

Are those the pro one tubeless tyres. If so the conti gp5000tl tyres wear at a slower rate, offer more grip,are more puncture resistant and are faster/more aero. The conti tyres are also not the best general riding tubeless tyres but in general are a better punt than the pro one.

I like the saddle to handlebar drop. Proper race position that.

I also love looks. Good choice.

Hi Malcolm
    I bought it as a complete bike with Shimano 105 on it and RS10 wheels.
    It's Sram Force throughout except the chainset. I've used Force for years after dropping Chorus due to the cost (I did have a few months on di2 but didn't rate it).
    Yes they are the new version of the Pro One (souplesse range ?)
    Never been a fan of Conti's but I know some swear by them and they do last longer than most brands "race" tyres, although I was considering trying the 5000s.
    Mines the standard non-RS model. How did you get yours a kilo lighter and it's an XL ?
    And what width tyres are you running ?
    Cheers
  • galatzo

Good looking rig that.

Cheers
  • galatzo
    redvision said:

Really nice!

Cheers