tuesday is inherently indistinguishable

'ning

coffee, feeling grumpy, decide who to kill first and improvise thereafter
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine here so much for the sleet and freezing temperatures , Tigger walked , having a cuppa whilst listening to Zoe on radio 2
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    On the train into town, for some reason I have been dragged into an 8.30am meeting which I usually avoid. May disturb the morning coffee routine, terrible.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFH - kids are being dicks so may kill them or get SG to do it
  • Snow here, but the heavy wet sort. Work shenanigans, collect car from recall. Probably skid a bit, maybe gym later.

Need to pull skis down from the loft as well.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    No snow here, so far down south for that lark, it icy coming in thanks to some rain followed by a frost.
    Cold, office is also cold an my coffee supply's are running low. An I have a nagging feeling I'm meant to be doing something but no idea what that something is.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Me looking for Honda engine me.

It's frikkin cold and windy. It'll be lashing down for leg 2 of hedge cutting tomorrow, you'll see.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    pinno said:

Me looking for Honda engine me.

It's frikkin cold and windy. It'll be lashing down for leg 2 of hedge cutting tomorrow, you'll see.

Making a lawnmower?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    A bit chilly but clear and dry down these parts, pleasant enough wobble though. Usual grief going on here. Went to Sainsbury's to buy lunch when I was hungry so I have returned with more that was strictly necessary.
    Is Piña looking for a C90 motor to convert his winter bike into a moped?

Snow here, but the heavy wet sort.
    Need to pull skis down from the loft as well.

Expecting proper snow then ;-)
  • step83
    If you get proper snow, when you have enough, ship it down south please. Work sent an email out stating they expect people to be in unless snowed in.
    That went down really well with the guy who comes in from Northampton on his motorbike every day. I'll ask him if he would donate the engine to Project Pinna Power
  • Yes I'm expecting proper snow. If you managed to watch Ski Sunday on (quite surprisingly) Sunday then that's where we're off too.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Much needed engine for Rocky Rocket. Remember her?
    I hate Briggs and Stratton engines. They're shyte. Oh and the carbs are shyte too. Loncin engines are probably better.

Shorty (7) did this all on her own:

There's only 3 pillars holding it up.

• pinno
    edited January 2020
    Photo will be deleted tomorrow.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Deliberately not quoted photo so yo can delete. Hope nobody else quotes it.

Regardless of her engineering prowess the stand out thing is she looks such a happy soul.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    feeling ticked off half the team have gone on holiday this week leaving me to pick up their work and Im the one getting grief for not having finished any of it.

also has anyone ever thought that project management style where people just continually say "but its got to be done" in increasingly higher pressure escalation mode, has ever delivered results or altered the space time continuum measurably that it makes a difference
  • Stevo_666
    Get a job in management then you can get paid to dish out the pressure? The old saying that 'sh!t trickles downwards and credit trickles upwards' still holds.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Yep, get into management. If you really want to fcuk things up, management is the place to be.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited January 2020
    awavey said:

also has anyone ever thought that project management style where people just continually say "but its got to be done" in increasingly higher pressure escalation mode, has ever delivered results or altered the space time continuum measurably that it makes a difference

Oh yes, had a 'hilarious' case of this recently. I threw the team responsible under a bus as I've been saying what was wrong for the last year. It all kicked off when a load of complaints came through and I explained why and how predictable it all was.
    I said the next project needs to be suspended until the last one is fixed, this has now happened and the project management team are sulking for all they're worth.
    I'm sure you can all guess who is having to fix things.

Oh, forgot to say, good job Shorty.
  • Stevo_666

Yep, get into management. If you really want to fcuk things up, management is the place to be.

Au contraire Bally, Scott Adams has got it right:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilbert_principle
    "The Dilbert principle...holds that employees are promoted based on success in their current position until they reach their "level of incompetence" and are no longer promoted. Under the Dilbert principle, employees who were never competent are promoted to management to limit the damage they can do."
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Ok, why do they always end up in project management then. Unless it's easier to sack them for a well documented project failure. Either way some poor git has to pick up the pieces.

Aim higher then - best if you can kick project managers around. Imagine the satisfaction...
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Stevo_666 said:

Get a job in management then you can get paid to dish out the pressure? The old saying that 'sh!t trickles downwards and credit trickles upwards' still holds.

very true, but glass ceiling innit :(
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman said:

Ok, why do they always end up in project management then. Unless it's easier to sack them for a well documented project failure. Either way some poor git has to pick up the pieces.

"They have different skills to everyone else" (genuine reason even higher management gave for expanding the management team)

• Stevo_666
    awavey said:

Stevo_666 said:

very true, but glass ceiling innit :(
    Break it! Really not that uncommon these days.

Also pays to be in the position of deciding who get the chop when you eventually get to that age when getting a new job gets trickier.
  • Stevo_666

oxoman said:

"They have different skills to everyone else" (genuine reason even higher management gave for expanding the management team)