my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a manky damp morning with little wind, dog walked, club ride later
    Have a good weekend
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    100 mile trip to Vik this morning....not on bike.
    🇮🇸
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Funny place in a funny time of year to go on holiday Goo.

Pretty dull here too. Finished my coffee fr too quick.
    Now, what's on the cards today...

Up and down what SG?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited January 2020
    There were a load of Icelandair offers a few weeks ago. Probably because it's usually cloudy and raining at this time of year - like the UK.

Morning leg stretch complete, waiting for an overdue haircut.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good walk with hounds followed by a long run which was good.

Few jobs, mainly chainsaw related before fun bike with the kids and then straight to the pub
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    edited January 2020
    Traditional good lie in had, now relaxing with the hounds and a mug of coffee while the girls are out in town having lunch. Am going to cook myself a bit of tortilla shortly then will be out and about procuring stuff later on.

Wish this dull weather would f off. I forgot what what difference going skiing this time of year makes but will have to wait until next season - bummer.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    pinno said:

Up and down what SG?

just hill repeats in highgate, choice of cafes at the bottom

not sure the sun rose today, seemed to stay dark
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • mr_goo

The Black Beach southern Iceland this afternoon.
    Stunning place. Never seen such big waves breaking onto a beach.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Its a beautiful place, should see the waves in a storm you loose some of those small rocks entirely.

I have relatives in Grindavik and Reykjanesbær

Did you go down to Dyrhólaey while you were there? Its a bit like Durdle Door, just without the beach an a honking great lighthouse
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Evening folks, have to say I'm jealous. I've always fancied Iceland but never managed it other than the shop. Youngest is off there on a trip with school in May as part of his geography course / lessons. Jammy sod. Ride home was an epic fail, hopefully the only gravel rash I get this year. Diesel, wet roads and roundabouts don't belong together. Me bruised and battered, bike looks ok and I need some new bibtights. Just wish I'd wrecked my old ones but never mind.

Ouch. At least you're OK Oxo.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Are there any women here today?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Real, actual women or a bunch of moaning old women?
  • Stevo_666

Real, actual women or a bunch of moaning old women?

Ones that say 'Jehovah'?
  • hopkinb
    Doing a Terry Jones retrospective.
  • hopkinb
    So the ones that say jehovah.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

So the ones that say jehovah.

I wish Strifey would say Johovah >:)
  • hopkinb
    I'm off. Well, not off, but I've got nothing to say here any more.

I'll still be posting on communting, which is where I started, and is what I do.

Too much entitled tory boy khuntery on the forum, which I can't be bothered with. I'll stick to the tedium of who I overtook on the way to work.

SG, I'll miss your phantasmagorical esoterica, which always makes me feel thick, in the nicest possible way. If you ever head south west and fancy a fat lad to act as a wind break and assist with a second brekkie, drop me a PM. I'll even stand you a citron pressé to see the bike that is shinier than the almighty"s.

V68, I'll see you for sure.

Pinno, you're a star, stay healthy and happy.

Stevo, I'll see you at a work thing within a month or two I'm sure.

Everyone else, may the Lord bless you and keep you. It's been a lot of fun.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    That ^ Terry Jones retrospective went straight over my head.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

Yeah, Jones was proper funny. I'm just a tw@t.
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2020
    hopkinb said:

Too much entitled tory boy khuntery on the forum, which I can't be bothered with.

Stevo, I'll see you at a work thing within a month or two I'm sure.

I'm still trying to reconcile those two statements :) Although you could just balance it out with loads of centre leftie boy khuntery by visiting Cake Stop...

Yep, will probably see you at one of the Banzai freebies.
  • mr_goo
    step83 said:

Its a beautiful place, should see the waves in a storm you loose some of those small rocks entirely.

I have relatives in Grindavik and Reykjanesbær

Did you go down to Dyrhólaey while you were there? Its a bit like Durdle Door, just without the beach an a honking great lighthouse

Unfortunately didn't get there. But this weeks visit has certainly got me thinking about doing a 'Route 1' trip round the island next summer.... Just need to save shed loads. Cost of living in Iceland is 60% higher than UK. And yes the beer is stupid expensive, but jolly good. Not as expensive as MrsGoo's double Jameson during happy hour....£24!!!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb said:

Doing a Terry Jones retrospective.

Now that you mention it I did hear a whoosh as it shot over my head. It’s obvious now I know.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Yeah, Jones was proper funny. I'm just a tw@t.
    Splitter...
    https://youtu.be/a0BpfwazhUA