thursday has tunnelled through reality

'ning

back to the gloomygrey i see

day of coffee and webex, try for early bail, maybe cancel a few things
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, misty again, plasterers coming today to skim room, I just need to find a good joiner now architraves, skirting boards and new door require fitting
    I might even get out on the bike
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH again which is a win, also means I can go to the local tri clubs swimming group later. Got a feeling this is a mistake
  • A bit grey today, managed half an hour on the turbo with wifey this morning. Gym later
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

A bit grey today, managed half an hour on the turbo with wifey this morning. Gym later

Is it a tandem on the turbo?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    tlw1 said:

A bit grey today, managed half an hour on the turbo with wifey this morning. Gym later

That would be amusing to see.

Very grey here, no fog/mist/burning warehouses today

I do have the amusing mayhem from HR who are picking on my office minion saying they need to re vet her an make sure shes eligible to work in the UK. I know she's Welsh but its a bit harsh, just to add comedy her passport expired so they refuse to accept that. They also refused to accept her drivers licence so now sorting out getting hold of a full length birth certificate which is the only other form of ID they will take :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    step83 said:

tlw1 said:

I do have the amusing mayhem from HR who are picking on my office minion saying they need to re vet her an make sure shes eligible to work in the UK. I know she's Welsh but its a bit harsh, just to add comedy her passport expired so they refuse to accept that. They also refused to accept her drivers licence so now sorting out getting hold of a full length birth certificate which is the only other form of ID they will take :D
    I thought Wales was a different country as there's a bloke in Cake Stop who's adamant that Scotland is...although on the bright side they've scrapped the Severn Bridge toll, so she won't have to pay £6.50 when they 'deport' her :)

Average grey day and not too busy in the office so am doing a couple of projects of choice. There are idiots on the horizon however.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Just scoffed a chicken tikka, not bad at all but not big enough. Need to wait for the meeting to finish in the boardroom and then steal any left over biscuits.
    Another busy day, or at least it should be. Suffering an amount of cba, this is mainly caused by the sense I'm bashing my head against a brick wall.
    Stevo_666 said:

There are idiots on the horizon however.

Don't let them any closer to avoid the head/brick wall interface.
    Eurgh, customs commodity code queries.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151

Afternoon folks,
    Just scoffed a chicken tikka, not bad at all but not big enough. Need to wait for the meeting to finish in the boardroom and then steal any left over biscuits.
    Another busy day, or at least it should be. Suffering an amount of cba, this is mainly caused by the sense I'm bashing my head against a brick wall.

Stevo_666 said:

Managed to keep them away.

Commodity codes - stay clear if you can. I've got 3 minions over in Clogland who do customs stuff - best kept several hundred miles away as its so soul destroying.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    edited January 2020
    Customs stuff, the Brexit growth sector.

Oops, early press. The day of enforced do nothingness draws to a close with a glass of Houblon Chouffe to hand, woodburner on and a peaceful home alone evening. And relax...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

Stevo_666 said:

Managed to keep them away.

Commodity codes - stay clear if you can. I've got 3 minions over in Clogland who do customs stuff - best kept several hundred miles away as its so soul destroying.
    Well done. Unfortunately I have to help with commodity codes as I’m one of the few that knows what things are, descriptions on the system are not good enough to enable most others to do it. This means more sh!t gets dumped in my lap.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

tlw1 said:

I thought Wales was a different country as there's a bloke in Cake Stop who's adamant that Scotland is...although on the bright side they've scrapped the Severn Bridge toll, so she won't have to pay £6.50 when they 'deport' her :)

Average grey day and not too busy in the office so am doing a couple of projects of choice. There are idiots on the horizon however.
    I could probably put it down on expenses haha