Best websites to create your own route.

Hi! I'm looking for a website that will allow me to create my own route, ideally it would be aesthetically pleasing and include details such as elevation.
Thanks

Comments

• Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Ride with GPS
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Komoot is pretty good. It will suggest routes if you put in a start and end location and you can then drag to customise.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    You could try bikehike - only good if it's UK you want - it's a bit patchy in terms of working and support, but I find it quite useful.
    If you want to create a GPX route for navigation you can export them, I can't vouch for how well this works though as I've never tried.
  • ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • JBA said:

Komoot is pretty good. It will suggest routes if you put in a start and end location and you can then drag to customise.

I've been using Ride with gps for about 5 years and can't get on with Koomot.
    I'm used plotting a route as I go and it Koomot seems bit of a faff with doing a start and finish point and then having to add waypoints. Unless I'm doing it wrong.
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940

JBA said:

I've been using Ride with gps for about 5 years and can't get on with Koomot.
    I'm used plotting a route as I go and it Koomot seems bit of a faff with doing a start and finish point and then having to add waypoints. Unless I'm doing it wrong.
    That's exactly how I use RWGPS! Enter the start and the finish and then tinker with it until I'm happy.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • hopster
    hopster Posts: 42
    If you are riding offroad I'd recommend Viewranger because you can download OS maps.