Daytime rear light

I’m looking to replace my old light that just abouts hold charge for a few hours now. I don’t ride in the dark so it is purely a day time light I’m after for the winter bike.

The two I’ve been looking at are the see sense Icon 2 and the exposure tracer reakt + peloton. The exposure appeals as it will dim for group rides which I do fair bit of. Although the see sense appears to have more features and I could turn the brightness down when going out with a group.

Anybody have an experience which the two lights above or recommend any others?
***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    Exposure make great lights. The tracer is very good
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Seesense is really good. Very happy with mine.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Very happy with my Bontrager, compact and battery lasts for ages.

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Bontrager/Flare-R-City-Rear-Light/EB8J
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    The Exposure is a great light and has different power settings so you can turn it down when riding in a group.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    fenix said:

Seesense is really good. Very happy with mine.

I returned two See Sense Ace rear lights as both stopped working [the second a replacement for the first], due to what looked like water ingress. Great light when it worked and no complaints with the customer service, but there is a flaw in the design.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,746
    Think I'm going to go for one of these - I've been using a rechargeable daytime light since a car drove through the back of me one morning a few years ago but on its brightest setting it's good for less than 2 hours. A female cyclist was killed near me yesterday on a road I sometimes ride on - HGV - I don't know the details but it's a straight road so unless she was crossing it sounds like a case of didn't see her or a close pass. You can never make 100% certain but something very bright flashing on the back of the bike gives you a bit of reassurance.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]