tuesday tryin' to find, tryin' to find where i been yeah, yeah

'ning

nippy, brekkie, stroll around the pond, say hello ducks, meeting
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited January 2020
    Morning, even nippier this morning white over with frost, it was a cold walk for Tigger and myself, unsure what to do today
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH so extended walk for older hound
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    tricircumnavigated lake, said hello to ducks, apologised for scoffing one of them crispy with pineapple last night, watched sunrise

lake is freezing over, definitely nippy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Morning, even nippier this morning white over with frost, it was a cold walk for Tigger and myself, unsure what to do today
    Have a good day

'ning
    Warm here. +1 degrees when I parked up and rising. Not quite the balmy 7 that the weather forecast app reckoned it would be.

Off to poke around in some old buildings later, early bail hopefully.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, less nippy today, cloud cover help but still a touch of frost (no sign of David Jason).
    Many tables to extrapolate into graphs an make look like they mean something, then webex to people who will probably just nod and agree without a clue what they are looking at.

I need more coffee, the espresso I had is wearing off.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, work is now insurmountable so I'm losing the motivation to continue. Had a great day on Sunday at Glencoe with crampons and ice axes.

On the weekend the OH had a very near miss on the motorway when a car chat style 'influencer' tried to drive from Surrey to JoG and back in 2 days but fell asleep at the wheel. He was overtaking but crashed into the central reservation, swerved across in front of her then came back across into the middle lane just after she'd floored it to avoid. No one was injured and most of all, my truck is OK. He might become injured if he posts anything on instagram about it though.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Thankfully the OH and the pick up was okay.

Shall I presume no Ducks were injured?

Nippy, dull and... well, just plain dull. Need some wind or summat to blow the clouds away.
    Just your average run around today.

Seems promotion has meant less time for posting for Hoppy and when he does post, whinges about petrol head related topics :)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    pinno said:

Seems promotion has meant less time for posting for Hoppy and when he does post, whinges about petrol head related topics :)

Maybe I can give 'Kuga Boy' some time management tips :p

Chilly pedal in this morning - even the winter gloves didn't quite work. No black ice but hard to tell in the half light.

Now making up for the calorie deficit. Just booked the train to Scouserpool for end of next month as Stropteen is going for a Uni 'offer holders day' there and we thought we'd be responsible parents and have a nosey around as well. Pretty cheap as well - £35 return. I guess they need to keep it accessible for the locals to get home and for Liverpool fans to travel the long distances to see games :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Chilly pedal in this morning - even the winter gloves didn't quite work. No black ice but hard to tell in the half light.

Now making up for the calorie deficit. Just booked the train to Scouserpool for end of next month as Stropteen is going for a Uni 'offer holders day' there and we thought we'd be responsible parents and have a nosey around as well. Pretty cheap as well - £35 return. I guess they need to keep it accessible for the locals to get home and for Liverpool fans to travel the long distances to see games :)
    You are mixing up trains and flights from Denmark
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

You are mixing up trains and flights from Denmark
    Good point.

Although I seem to recall one of the songs Chelsea fans sang to Liverpool fans at Anfield games was 'We'll race you back to London' :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Decidedly chilly for the wobble in this morning, but not unpleasant. Have to drive the EPO in tomorrow unfortunately.
    The lad is on his work Christmas drinks today, seeing as he works in a pub when he's home they can't really do it in December. He just sent a picture of an award he got, I'm so proud. He won the Dopiest Count award, I may have added a vowel to get round the censorship. Not expecting to see him until Wednesday evening now, he should have a good time.
    I'm still chuffing busy, didn't get promoted though.
    Sounds like it could have been nasty HM, glad she's alright. Saw a nasty smash on the M40 a week ago, looked like a BMW 1 series had lost it and bounced off the barriers a few times. None of the other cars that stopped looked damaged according to the EPO, I was trying to pay attention to where I was going in case others weren't. There really are some idiots out there.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Stevo_666 said:

Pretty cheap as well - £35 return.

Trains to Liverpool from major cities are heavily subsidized, nobody wants a scouser hanging around longer than necessary.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Trains to Liverpool from major cities are heavily subsidized, nobody wants a scouser hanging around longer than necessary.

Exactly. In which case they should pay people to take trains to Scotland.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

We've got enough peasants thanks. The plus side of that is that I feel like a millionaire here...
  • Stevo_666
    haydenm said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

We've got enough peasants thanks. The plus side of that is that I feel like a millionaire here...
    I suppose you drove there? ;)

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo_666 said:

haydenm said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I suppose you drove there? ;)

Hitched, crawled, dragged himself over the border by his fingernails.
    That damn Hadrian.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!