Pike RCT3 fork on new bike not compressing

I am hoping someone might be able to help me with an issue I’m having with the Pike RCT3 forks on my new bike. Basically whatever I do I cannot get the fork to compress more than about 20mm (I’ve tried all positions for both compression damping and rebound, as well as letting air out until the pressure negligible). I have attached a photo because I also notice that the Stanchions seem to be far too far out. The travel should be 140mm, but stanchions exposed measures 165mm. Also the 10% sag line, see photo, is about 30mm from where the stanchions met the lowers. Surely this can’t be correct? However hard I push I cannot even get them to compress to the 10% line.
Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong here?

Thanks

Comments

• I should add that the bike has not been used yet. So the fork has never worked.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    You don't say how much psi you have in them.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • I have gone from 100psi all the way to letting all pressure out. Still only 20mm of movement,
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    As this is a new bike the fork should have been set up by your supplier. Don't fiddle with it get in touch with them. There is a number of things it could be, but it's their problem.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    There is something wrong with them, take it up with the supplier.