Canyon Spectral Al 5.0 or YT Jeffsy Base?

Hi guys,

I'm in a predicament, I ordered a Canyon Spectral AL 5.0 at the start of December and sold my old bike, due to the Canyon cyber attack my order has STILL not been delivered, despite ordering 40 days ago! I've been in contact with them repeatedly and they can't seem to offer much info, just keep saying that they will let me know when it's all sorted, but the don't seem to be sending anything out at the moment. I was going to just wait but can't say I'm impressed with the way it's been handled, wasn't informed of the attack, had to find out off a friend a week later. I'm now looking at the new YT Jeffsy Base 27.5, the spec seems to be pretty similar to the Spectral and it's only £50 more. Just wanted to know peoples thoughts on which is the better all round bike and whether I'm worth waiting around for Canyon to sort their system out?

Canyon - https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/spectral/spectral-al-5.0/2229.html?dwvar_2229_pv_rahmengroesse=M&dwvar_2229_pv_rahmenfarbe=BK

YT - https://www.yt-industries.com/en/detail/index/sArticle/2356/sCategory/509

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    On the Canyon the first thing you'd have to do is swap out the rear tyre, the aggessor is no use in the wet and muck, took mine off months ago for a DHR WT.
    The YT is good to go, plus it has a shorter seat tube and a steeper one, better for climbing.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • vulva65
    vulva65 Posts: 118
    robertpb said:

On the Canyon the first thing you'd have to do is swap out the rear tyre, the aggessor is no use in the wet and muck, took mine off months ago for a DHR WT.
    The YT is good to go, plus it has a shorter seat tube and a steeper one, better for climbing.

Thanks Robert, will probably stick a Hans Dampf on the back as love that tyre. Will the Canyon be better for descending then do you think? The YT can be ordered from 5th Feb, so if the Canyon is not here by then I will order the YT I think.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    The yt is possibly the better at going down, longer wheelbase and slacker headangle in the slack position. Plus you can drop the saddle lower.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • vulva65
    vulva65 Posts: 118
    robertpb said:

The yt is possibly the better at going down, longer wheelbase and slacker headangle in the slack position. Plus you can drop the saddle lower.

Cheer Robert, I've had an email from Canyon to say my bike is being despatched today so that's the decision made. YT does look amazing spec but I've wanted a Spectral for years so I'm a happy chappy!
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    I have flagged the above post from vulva65