i was here, thought i'd let someone else set the tone

off for a nippy ride, brrrr
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    In sunny wales, nice run and now time for a pig based breakfast
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    its very sunny in the East, fwiw, but its absolutely freezing with it, so chances of bike washing and or riding today very much off the agenda
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    sungod said:

i was here, thought i'd let someone else set the tone

In your absence, there lies a distinct lack of the abstract when it comes to thread titles. I could be as obscure but I don't get up at silly o'clock.

Wet, chilly, hail, wind, sun - even seen a rainbow.

Much fettling with bits and bobs and tying up loose ends me.

Wash your bike in the bathroom* awavey and then go for a static ride in the living room. Turn the heating up. Simples innit.

*Better still, you can strip it and put most of it in the dishwasher.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Busy day, taking a beak for a late pig-based lunch at the local caff. A few more things to do then off to cousins birthday party tonight. Unfortunately I'm driving.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'noon
    Early start for another icy parkrun adventure on the bus, followed by a trip up to coed y Brenin where there was a trail half marathon on. Dunno who would want to do that sort of thing.
    Weather's been fab all day with a sprinkling of snow on the mountains.
  • Afternoon/evening. A two surf day, in the sunshine. Noooooooooooice.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

'noon
    Early start for another icy parkrun adventure on the bus, followed by a trip up to coed y Brenin where there was a trail half marathon on. Dunno who would want to do that sort of thing.

Had three mates doing it, couldn’t get an entry :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

'noon

Had three mates doing it, couldn’t get an entry :)
    Get your excuses in early.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Hellow
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249

Hellow

Afternoon. This may seem a strange question but could I ask what you do with broken bike parts after removing them.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    oxoman said:

Bin

Next door à la MF?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Hellow

Afternoon. This may seem a strange question but could I ask what you do with broken bike parts after removing them.
    Depends, I usually strip them for salvageable parts like jockeys, mainly going to be common parts though like those.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    step83 said:

Hellow

Depends, I usually strip them for salvageable parts like jockeys, mainly going to be common parts though like those.
    Take the rest to the scrapman for 50p for a box load of alu :neutral:
    Sometimes people in our club ask for scrap bits - for art projects or trophies.