2»

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

On a happy note (for us anyway) sitting here at brekky looking at lovely rain. 😀

They need it North of you.

DBS Superleggera - fugly, over priced.
    VFM: Porker GT3 RS. 0-60 in 3.0 secs, top speed 193 £125k

DBS Superleggera: Slower...though slightly quicker top end - (bear in mind the Porker is restricted to 193mph)....'from' £225k

I know which one I would want.
    Ditto, the problem is you can't actually buy a GT3 RS for that price unless you're good mates with your local Porsche centre. The classified ads for GT3 RS's are a bit eye-watering.

(Thought the list price was about £140k for the RS btw?).
    My old boss is on the Porsche gravy train, bought every special for the last 10 years and then lends them back to the Porsche garage for events, oh and buys any cars they need to get rid off - wonder if it’s all connected
    Sounds like a some sort of scam, but one that I'd like to be in on.
    Yup, sounds like money-laundering to me...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited January 2020

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

On a happy note (for us anyway) sitting here at brekky looking at lovely rain. 😀

DBS Superleggera: Slower...though slightly quicker top end - (bear in mind the Porker is restricted to 193mph)....'from' £225k

Ditto, the problem is you can't actually buy a GT3 RS for that price unless you're good mates with your local Porsche centre. The classified ads for GT3 RS's are a bit eye-watering.

My old boss is on the Porsche gravy train, bought every special for the last 10 years and then lends them back to the Porsche garage for events, oh and buys any cars they need to get rid off - wonder if it’s all connected
    True, although the real shame is the the GT3 RS and similar variants are some of the best track cars in existence (if you exclude stuff you have to trailer to the track like Radicals and the mega-bucks specials like Aston Valkyrie/McLaren Senna). Most of them seem to get stuck in a garage and flipped from time to time without being properly driven.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    For mortals I don't get the point of them as track cars. Even very few of the people who *can* afford them can actually drive anywhere near good enough to take advantage of half the ability of the car. Most are too chicken to bin it anyway.

I recall years ago at the Macau GP there was a preliminary race for the (amateur) punters in their track / sports cars - grid was loaded with Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari etc. There was also a race in a series for pros driving Mitsubish Colt hatchbacks, little 1.6 litre front wheel drive shopping cars.

The guy who came last in the pro race in his Mitsu lapped quicker than the winner of the amateurs in a Lambo Diablo or whatever. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

True, although the real shame is the the GT3 RS and similar variants are some of the best track cars in existence (if you exclude stuff you have to trailer to the track like Radicals and the mega-bucks specials like Aston Valkyrie/McLaren Senna). Most of them seem to get stuck in a garage and flipped from time to time without being properly driven.
    Don’t worry, they get used - in fact leant me a 911s to hill climb at car fest once :)
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Don’t worry, they get used - in fact leant me a 911s to hill climb at car fest once :)
    Nice one. Best not to crash the boss' car though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Nice one. Best not to crash the boss' car though.
    :)
    He leaned into the car as I was about to leave work and said you know we bought this for x, it’s now worth y (x times 3)
  • Stevo_666

For mortals I don't get the point of them as track cars. Even very few of the people who *can* afford them can actually drive anywhere near good enough to take advantage of half the ability of the car. Most are too chicken to bin it anyway.

I recall years ago at the Macau GP there was a preliminary race for the (amateur) punters in their track / sports cars - grid was loaded with Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari etc. There was also a race in a series for pros driving Mitsubish Colt hatchbacks, little 1.6 litre front wheel drive shopping cars.

The guy who came last in the pro race in his Mitsu lapped quicker than the winner of the amateurs in a Lambo Diablo or whatever. :D

Nothing wrong with having one if you want it and you can afford it. You only live once. Plenty of stuff we have never gets used to its full potential.

That said, when I used to do track days I met quite a few blokes who could definitely drive as well as afford decent track cars.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

That GTRS was a couple of years old. Couldn't get the stats for the GT2RS: Off the top of my head, 0-60 in 2.8, 8 speed PDK, 700 hp, restricted top speed of 215mph.

Hang on...

https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/motoring/frighteningly-fast-behind-the-wheel-of-the-quickest-ever-porsche-911-1.770134
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Good god. It's like those three tw@ts in terrible shirts off the early 00's telly in here. Which one of you is the big loudmouthed tw@t, which one is the little insufferable tw@t, and which one is the slightly sensible tw@t who gets annoyed at the sub schoolboy level japery?
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Good god. It's like those three tw@ts in terrible shirts off the early 00's telly in here. Which one of you is the big loudmouthed tw@t, which one is the little insufferable tw@t, and which one is the slightly sensible tw@t who gets annoyed at the sub schoolboy level japery?

Well you would say that, you drive a ****ing Ford Kuga ;)

Anyway, enjoy the legend that is Jeremy Clarkson. Cake Stop and Communting Chat hate him, so he must be ace.
    https://youtu.be/jXAgTfyVacI

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb said:

U ok hun?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!