friday lurches inexorably towards unreality

'ning

coffee and see how the mince pies stocks are holding up, much webexing, bit of smiting with great wrath, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    All quiet on the western front at the moment.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, all quiet on the eastern front, no wind no rain
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Slightly later journey in than normal on account of having to pick of lots of dog turds from the garden. In the rain.

Still, early finish today as I'm headed into the West End to pick up a couple of things I need.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFH - meant time for a little jog

Later is jump into the car when the laptop lid shuts and off to the seaside for the weekend :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

'Ning
    All quiet on the western front at the moment.

No longer quiet on the western front. All the fun happens on Friday.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

Slightly later journey in than normal on account of having to pick of lots of dog turds from the garden. In the rain.

:#
    I'm waiting until it turns cold & dry over the weekend and firms them up a bit. :)

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Morning, all quiet on the eastern front, no wind no rain

All quiet on the flatter part of the eastern front. Rudely awoken by an over confident binman trying to back the bin truck up the road, must be new or something.

Anyway, work, hoping to have some new coffee to try today, been aged in a bourbon barrel so could be very nice, or disgusting we shall see.
    Workshop shenanigans later going to re tension my new wheels an slap some rubber on them.
  • surfercyclist
    surfercyclist Posts: 894
    edited January 2020
    Morning. Dropped motor off at stealers for service. Actually not wet and windy here, amazing. Roads soaking of course so may be a turbo session later.
    Currently having coffee and Marmite on toast, yum.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Bi-weekly visit to chiro, with some new bits for him to mangle. Ouch. Apparently, my hip flexors were about as bad as he's ever seen. Possibly worse.

Lunch, then the joys of dealing with bank customer service to close an account.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

I'm waiting until it turns cold & dry over the weekend and firms them up a bit. :)

Two problems with that strategy are that our garden is like a minefield after a couple of days of not picking up and in the dark its lethal. And in all this rain some of them 'melt' and make them really tricky to pick up. Loverly...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Two problems with that strategy are that our garden is like a minefield after a couple of days of not picking up and in the dark its lethal. And in all this rain some of them 'melt' and make them really tricky to pick up. Loverly...
    Not sure whats worse, the melted ones on the lawn, or the melted ones on gravel
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2020
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Not sure whats worse, the melted ones on the lawn, or the melted ones on gravel
    Both are pretty bad if it's somewhere you walk on. Our hounds will only p!$$ and shite on grass for some reason. Keeps the patio clean I suppose but I need my wits about me on the lawn.