GoldenCheetah v3.5 RELEASED

Hi,

We're proud to release v3.5 of GoldenCheetah, a desktop application for triathletes, runners and cyclists.

It is available to download here: http://www.goldencheetah.org/#section-download

Main features in this release are:
- Sync with major cloud services (Strava, Xert, TodaysPlan, SportTracks etc)
- Banister Performance Modelling and Power Index
- CP Performance Modelling with Performance Tests
- Charting and Scripting with Python
- Augment with HRV, RPE and Body Measures and Metrics

An overview of what's new is available in video form here:

Thanks,
Mark
--
Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com

Comments

• naavt
    naavt Posts: 226
    edited January 2020
    Hi Mark,

First of all, thank you for the hard work and to share that work with all of us.

That said, it's been a while that I've downloaded one of the first GC releases. At that time I was thinking to give up from TrainingPeaks and embrace a freeware platform but... It was probably me but couldn't get to make the migration from TP to GC.

I remember to look at an interface that was not the most obvious to me (I recognize that I could be under the influence of TP's interface), and all seemed a bit confuse.

I really acknowledge that the work you've put into this is already massive and asking you for more on a platform that you share for free is pushing the limits, but it would be great if you could do a series of Youtube videos correlating the major functionalities of TP to GC for the ones who think to migrate from the first to the latest.

Thanks!
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    edited January 2020
    naavt said:

Hi Mark,

First of all, thank you for the hard work and to share that work with all of us.

That said, it's been a while that I've downloaded one of the first GC releases. At that time I was thinking to give up from TrainingPeaks and embrace a freeware platform but... It was probably me but couldn't get to make the migration from TP to GC.

I remember to look at an interface that was not the most obvious to me (I recognize that I could be under the influence of TP's interface), and all seemed a bit confuse.

I really acknowledge that the work you've put into this is already massive and asking you for more on a platform that you share for free is pushing the limits, but it would be great if you could do a series of Youtube videos correlating the major functionalities of TP to GC for the ones who think to migrate from the first to the latest.

Thanks!

If you watch the video they make reference to not supporting training peaks (due to TP dropping their API support few years ago).