Monday, all quiet on the Eastern Front

lincolndave
lincolndave Posts: 9,441
edited January 2020 in The bottom bracket
Morning, nice start to the day for a change, dog walked just having a cuppa, wallpaper stripping today but that will be after a couple of hours on the bike, some bad weather predicted later
Have a good week

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Quiet for now, some rain before dawn. Just waiting on Storm Brendan to swing in later. Going to be blaming Brendan at work for any damage caused.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, looking nice here so far, rain forecast at 1 and the wind should be with us any minute now. The gust strength on the met office app is 59mph which is higher than I've seen it predicted before. Probably no cycling after work so I'm going to pick up an item of clothing which I'm having altered instead.

Great weekend in Edinburgh as a surprise for the OH, got smashed on Friday then went for the Sunday performance of the Lion King at the Playhouse. Excellent stuff.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    WFH, hospital check up, hopefully messing about in the hills on the way back was the plan.

Weather's looking nice to the east but stormy to the west, and forecast isn't looking great for after lunch.
  • The idea of cutting down on the drink in Jan is failing miserably, starting a run from a pub car park is not ideal as 2 pints of Mortti kind of defeats the objective.

Short week this week though, off to the lakes on Wednesday for a nice break as it's our 20th wedding anniversary.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Another near perfect summer day. Ho hum.

Slow start after a fine dinner and boozes at mate's place last night. DIY stuff interspersed with naps on the sun lounge.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Meh - work is really shite today
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Half day in the office doing meetings and stuff, now on train home to work from home and finish my bloody tax return.

Will pedal in tomorrow so that means it's going to rain.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo_666 said:

Half day in the office doing meetings and stuff, now on train home to work from home and finish my bloody tax return.

Confirmed it will be raining mainly tomorrow. We have Storm Brendon sweeping west to easy then a second front of lower pressure pushing in from the south overnight which is not as powerful but will bring a lot of wind an rain. This is all being fed by a weird weather situation in the US currently. Been nosing at a lot of weather radar data while they "fix" my new computer. By fix I mean replace it with a totally different one for some reason they wont just replace the noisy fan.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day, no surprise there. Weekend seemed particularly short as most of yesterday was spent in the car.
    I've just thrown the source of many of my work related frustrations under a bus, unfortunately only figuratively speaking. Thing is he doesn't seem to have realised even though he was on the email chain. I think too stupid to understand anything is part of the problem. Just hoping the bus moves now although I suspect it will just sit there so he can crawl out.
    The wobble home might be harder work than getting here.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    133km/h wind NWW of Ireland at the moment, interesting to see how that will translate to land in the next few hours

https://earth.nullschool.net/

I'm currently procrastinating as all my new work responsibilities have made landfall at once and I can't do any of them. They aren't my client and most of this could be done by admin. I am not admin.
  • Afternoon. Fun surf today then a biblical hail storm this afternoon, fortunately I was back home then. Ever so slightly windy as well.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    haydenm said:

133km/h wind NWW of Ireland at the moment, interesting to see how that will translate to land in the next few hours

https://earth.nullschool.net/

Maybe it will blow something over and solve your bridge problem.

It was bloody windy up in the hills at lunchtime, the rain felt like hail. Wind seems to have died down for the moment, just really, really wet outside. Need to get better at route planning - the "just over 5km" ended up being 9 miles :blush:

Had a productive afternoon of painting a t shirt and some computer says no shenanigans.
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Confirmed it will be raining mainly tomorrow. We have Storm Brendon sweeping west to easy then a second front of lower pressure pushing in from the south overnight which is not as powerful but will bring a lot of wind an rain. This is all being fed by a weird weather situation in the US currently. Been nosing at a lot of weather radar data while they "fix" my new computer. By fix I mean replace it with a totally different one for some reason they wont just replace the noisy fan.
    It's 'orrible here just now but will be OK in the morning. Trouble is, it'll be 'orrible again at home time tomorrow. Typical.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Might just pedal in tomorrow, ditch the bike overnight and ride it back Wednesday.