Saturday, the weekend is upon us

lincolndave
lincolndave Posts: 9,441
edited January 2020 in The bottom bracket
Morning, dry but blowing a gale, club ride cancelled due to the wind, so rollers it will be, relaxing later in the Peacock
Have a good weekend

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Hounds walked and a reasonable trail run done. Now into town for kids haircuts and other shite

Later is fun bike and chainsaw probably separate activities then onto the pub
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    tlw1 said:

Later is fun bike and chainsaw probably separate activities then onto the pub

Fun bike + chainsaw = motorbike?

Weather doesn't seem to be able to decide here: forecastis rain all day, had a few drizzle showers but looking a bit brighter now.
    Got up too late for park run so bit of a meh run locally instead.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Day of jobs and random stuff. Got rid of an old sofa that had been in the spare bedroom for ages. Start of the project to turn the spare room into somewhere where I can work from home now that Stropteen is hogging the study (and will continue to do so in uni holidays in future).

Women and dogs are out so may do some weights.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Windy day. More painting. Bike ride for an hour this arvo, just avoided the shower of rain on the way home.

NY resolution to "drink less" has been a complete fail so far.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Day of jobs and random stuff. Got rid of an old sofa that had been in the spare bedroom for ages. Start of the project to turn the spare room into somewhere where I can work from home now that Stropteen is hogging the study (and will continue to do so in uni holidays in future).

Sounds like you should convert it into a gym; :wink:
  • tlw1

Windy day. More painting. Bike ride for an hour this arvo, just avoided the shower of rain on the way home.

No one likes a quitter
  • tlw1

Stevo_666 said:

Sounds like a plan to me. I tend to work in the kitchen near the aga or the lounge with the wood burner going, should really put the heating on sometimes
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Got a garage for that :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

No one likes a quitter
    It won't make you live longer, it will just feel like it.

Although you could make new friends by quitting as everyone likes a designated driver.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

No one likes a quitter
    It won't make you live longer, it will just feel like it
    Similar to this https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/5k-run-adds-30-minutes-to-your-life-but-takes-40-minutes-20180425148001

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

No one likes a quitter
    It won't make you live longer, it will just feel like it
    Similar to this https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/5k-run-adds-30-minutes-to-your-life-but-takes-40-minutes-20180425148001

How true :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Stevo_666 said:

...may do some weights.

You?! ROFL
    Paper weights?

What's with the proliferation of minuscule, indiscernible avatars?

Frikkin windy up here.
    Frikkin wet too.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

No one likes a quitter

Although you could make new friends by quitting as everyone likes a designated driver.
    Living “longer” is the not high on my priorities list tbh...🙂

The whole idea was simple vanity. I can’t do enough exercise at the rate I once could to burn off the calories, and there’s a direct correlation between my wine consumption and weight increase. Given it’s summer and I spend a substantial portion of my days out in the sun wearing 3/5 of 5/8 of not much, I’m just trying to retain the ripped physique bronzed Aussie illusion with as little effort as possible. 😀
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

What's with the proliferation of minuscule, indiscernible avatars?

? I can't see any.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

No one likes a quitter

The whole idea was simple vanity. I can’t do enough exercise at the rate I once could to burn off the calories, and there’s a direct correlation between my wine consumption and weight increase. Given it’s summer and I spend a substantial portion of my days out in the sun wearing 3/5 of 5/8 of not much, I’m just trying to retain the ripped physique bronzed Aussie illusion with as little effort as possible. 😀
    Ride a bike? Beats not drinking :)
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

No one likes a quitter

I do as much as I can. Trouble is that these days about 45 minutes to an hour max of relatively low intensity riding is all I can do before my back and neck call it quits. The trails I ride from here are just grass land, but at the moment at least are quite dry and bumpy. Even a FS bike with long plush travel still shakes me about a little.

That's not enough to offset the booze intake :( . I find if I walk 6 - 8 km daily AND do the bike on a trainer for 45 mins but I hate the damn turbos really, a shame to use one when I have such ideal riding terrain on the doorstep.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

No one likes a quitter

I do as much as I can. Trouble is that these days about 45 minutes to an hour max of relatively low intensity riding is all I can do before my back and neck call it quits. The trails I ride from here are just grass land, but at the moment at least are quite dry and bumpy. Even a FS bike with long plush travel still shakes me about a little.

That's not enough to offset the booze intake :( . I find if I walk 6 - 8 km daily AND do the bike on a trainer for 45 mins but I hate the damn turbos really, a shame to use one when I have such ideal riding terrain on the doorstep.
    Trouble is, exercise can be boring. Gyms in particular bore the he'll out of me. I used to swim when I had a bad back but Jeez that was so tedious.