Where is fridays thread?

Is it really Friday?

WFH so pub was enjoyed last night. Probably repeat tonight

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Friday has been recycled!

Today I'm mainly doing very little Fundraisers occurring for the BBQ in Oz.

Hunting bolts for my bench vice later, forgot I have no M10's Lots to do tomorrow so trying to do bits today to make life easier.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Friday, Schmiday... they're all the same.. :smile:

Sudden change, back to hazy smoky morning from far away fires. Walked dog, coffee, rode all the way to the local shop to get supplies for lunch (4.28 km round trip. Woohoo!)

Afternoon on hands and knees painting skirting boards. First coat on 60% of it done. Erk.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Sudden change, back to hazy smoky morning from far away fires. Walked dog, coffee, rode all the way to the local shop to get supplies for lunch (4.28 km round trip. Woohoo!)

Afternoon on hands and knees painting skirting boards. First coat on 60% of it done. Erk.

Ah forgot your over that way, hopefully this weekend isn't as bad as predicted. Got a friend in Yeppoon whos luckly missed them so far.
    Hopefully its just smokey your way nothing actually on fire.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    step83 said:

Ah forgot your over that way, hopefully this weekend isn't as bad as predicted. Got a friend in Yeppoon whos luckly missed them so far.
    Hopefully its just smokey your way nothing actually on fire.
    I think Yeppoon is pretty safe now, and for the moment nothing here burning of note anywhere near me.

I've a fair few friends and relatives in some of the places at risk though, not good. One of my oldest mates and his wife have a quite beautiful home up in the mountains south of Sydney, which they built about 15 years ago. They were advised to evacuate a week ago, just in case as the access to where they are is limited - one steep narrow road in and out only. I'm yet to hear if the place is ok, and just as importantly whether their collection of animals is safe. They have a few goats, 30 chickens, some ducks, and at any given time about a half dozen "rescue" dogs, a couple cats, and even a semi-tame wombat.

Plus the house is *full* of a wonderful collection of artwork - would border on national tragedy if some of that was lost.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Pedalled in for the first time this decade after my LBS finally fixed my bike (supplier delays blah blah). They did at least knock a bit off the price so bike is now purring with a new chainset. I upgraded to a 53/39 chain ring instead of the wimpy 50/36 that was on there before and so far so good.

Now stuffing face before the next round of meetings.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

I upgraded to a 53/39 chain ring instead of the wimpy 50/36 that was on there before and so far so good.

:o

I don't think I have ever spun out 50/11, in fact I don't think I have ever used it, certainly not in the flatlands of London!

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    edited January 2020
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

I upgraded to a 53/39 chain ring instead of the wimpy 50/36 that was on there before and so far so good.

:o

I don't think I have ever spun out 50/11, in fact I don't think I have ever used it, certainly not in the flatlands of London!

:smile:

I've got a couple of up/down bits of a decent length on my way in and out - Denmark Hill and Forest Hill/Crystal Palace so it could come in handy. I definitely maxed out my old 50/12 set up a few times. That said I don't use my small ring on the commute.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Progress at last, on Day 14 of the Serious Snots Bug. Forced myself to do a (shortened) gym session; much better than I had feared it would be, given I can measure progress vs my norm. On the up! Halleeffinglujah.