I was banned!

steve_sordy
steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
On Sunday last, I logged on as normal to be directed to another page entitled "Permission Problem" in big letters. Underneath in small letters it said "You are banned".

What! I have been a good boy; no rows, no filthy language, no advertising, a bit boring really.

No reason for the ban was given, nor any contact info provided other than generic contact data for "Immediate Media", the holding company for Bike Radar.

I hadn't been rowing with anybody, so I thought I may have been hacked. I tried the usual stuff: logging in again, rebooting the computer etc. Trying again several times on different days.

Finally I found the number for Bike Radar (0117 927 9009 and ask for the Bike Radar team). I got through to Jack, one of the editors and he told me that it had been an automatic thing done by the system and that he could see no reason for it. He removed the ban immediately. He apologised for it and said that the new system was still throwing up the occasional issue.
He later sent me a nice text, which was thoughtful. Thanks Jack! :)

So if it happens to you, see para above.

Comments

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    I'd certainly be surprised to see you banned Steve. All I've seen is you going out of your way to be helpful (to me included).
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    I did wonder why you didn't pipe up on my GPX thread :)
  • steve_sordy
    It's nice to be noticed, even if it was for my absence! :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Must say you’re about the least likely to be banned from what I’ve seen, glad you’re back.
  • steve_sordy
    david7m said:

I did wonder why you didn't pipe up on my GPX thread :)

I saw it but I didn't have anything to add.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    SS banned :o:D
    Hope you and Mrs S. are OK in this strange time....I know you oldies are higher risk ;):p
  • steve_sordy
    edited April 2020
    That is kind of you to enquire. :):) Back at ya!

We are both fine thanks. We have the great good fortune to live in a village with access to bridleways. My wife walks every day with a friend of hers and I ride my bike. I have to do a lot more on tarmac than I like but, but I must get out. I have been re-discovering all the places I use to ride before I took up mtb. My 1994 OS maps are still in use, but it is surprising how many barns have been converted to houses, and how many tracks have become overgrown with brambles!

My arthritic knees eventually got the better of me and I now ride an emtb.
    I have a Focus Jam2 9.6 NINE.