Cable stop for mechanical brake and electronic shifting

naavt
naavt Posts: 226
As the title suggests. Are there any cable stoppers that can feed a mechanical brake hose and an electronic shifting wire through the same frame hole?

The bike has the brake hose routed to the top tube and the wire to the down tube but I'm thinking to shrink wrap both and feed them to the top tube. Wondering how can I arrange the stop for the brake hose to work properly though.

Thanks

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Are you talking about routing them internally? If so, can’t you feed a full cable outer all the way through the frame and back out onto the caliper? If not, how will you get the brake cable to operate running through the frame?

PP
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    edited January 2020
    Just done this on my S5. I just trimmed the nose off the cable stop to allow enough space for the electric wire.

Can try and get pics tomorrow evening
    It looks a bit like the one below.

• pilot_pete
    Oh I see. It’s not a cable end stop as such then, it’s just a grommet for the hole. I simply fashioned one for my Colnago using black Sugru.

PP
  • phil485
    it is a stop as well. the outer is cut to.length and sits in the recess in the plastic. it's also an oversize grommet to allow easy routing. Better pics tomorrow hopefully.

Need to get an hour or so to set up the rear mech.
  • naavt
    edited January 2020

I simply fashioned one for my Colnago using black Sugru.PP

I have somo Sugru at home. Can you post a pic please?

phil485 said:

it is a stop as well. the outer is cut to.length and sits in the recess in the plastic. it's also an oversize grommet to allow easy routing. Better pics tomorrow hopefully.

Great Phil. I'll be waiting for your pics. Thanks
  • pilot_pete
    Ah, if it is a stop as well, then Sugru won’t work by itself. I fitted a continuous rear brake hydraulic hose and a di2 cable into the holes in my frame and just fashioned Sugru ‘grommets’ of sorts to fill around the hose/ cable and the holes. I see if I can find a pic.

PP
  • phil485
    tricky to photograph
    Basically just cut the nose off

• naavt
    phil485 said:

tricky to photograph
    Basically just cut the nose off

Understood. So you have cut the tiny bit at the lower end near the "plastic lock" and that gives you the space necessary to pass the Di2 cable through, right?

Thanks!
  • phil485
    yes that's it.
    Gears are now properly indexed and bike is ready to go. Just need summer to arrive