monday has a steep temperature gradient

'ning

enough of the gloomygrey windycold

heading for bubbly brekkie in the plush cx flounge to relax for plush flight to land of jungles, surprising mrs s with the presidential suite for a few days, then off luxury tenting (which'll also be a surprise for her :smiley: ) among the large pussycats, rhinos, hippos, crocs, heffalumps etc.

thus i take leave of you, indulge yourselves only to excess

hasta la vista bb
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry ,but very windy again, dog walked busy day ahead,
    Enjoy your hols Sungod
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I've already got my fake passport and driving licence off here in the past, now I am looking for an Asian bride to pamper me and to tell me with all the sincerity she can muster, how much she loves me.
    Anyone with any experience?

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13109601/pretty-asian-girls-best-brides#latest
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    First day back, miserable day.

I blew a tubeless tyre off the rim at 90psi about 6 inches from my head last night so now I'm deaf.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Enjoy the Luxury camping SG.

Morning fellow earthlings. Tired today, highly tired probably my body realising what fresh hell awaited it this morning.

Still jacket hunting though seemingly confused at when/if winter will actually hit/ I've had more frost in my freezer this year than I've seen outside.
    Anyway striding onward through the mire that is corporate heck onto the prize of coffee.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Oooh, envy monitor needle just jumped. Heat, safari, presidential suite... but how will SG judge the caption competition from a luxury tent?

Not working this week. Yay! Still under the SSB (serious snot bug). Boo! At least got a much better night's sleep, on the upslope at last.
  • Morning all, back to the grind from the break.

Good: Booked a skiing holiday. Got a trip to the Dam as a pressie.

Bad: Spent most of it with a box of tissues and decongestants.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm said:

I blew a tubeless tyre off the rim at 90psi about 6 inches from my head last night so now I'm deaf.

Sorry, what did you say?

Work followed by a trip to Gatwick later to pick up youngest daughter and her friend. Scheduled arrival time 22:50 :s Hopefully roads will be clear on the way back to Nottingham.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    orraloon said:

Oooh, envy monitor needle just jumped. Heat, safari, presidential suite... but how will SG judge the caption competition from a luxury tent?

Not working this week. Yay! Still under the SSB (serious snot bug). Boo! At least got a much better night's sleep, on the upslope at last.

free wifi in ba first, and working well this time, huzzah, currently somewhere over germany

mrs s 'forgot' her sunglasses, suspect this may've been a ploy to get more sunglasses in duty free

you need to kill that fuggid virus, as i always advise: stir fry pork loin with chillis, ginger and pineapple, eat, repeat until cured - if you aren't hallucinating the chillis aren't hot enough

will probably call cc winner before the tenting

since starting in the lounge i think we've just finished the second bottle between us, lp grand siècle at the moment, squiffy, going to be like an ab fab episode at this rate, which is no bad thing

chin chin, hic
  • Is it even allowed to arrest 1st class passengers?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    yes, especially in the usa, but we're very mellow, some of the dykwia types need tasering
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    sungod said:

you need to kill that fuggid virus, as i always advise: stir fry pork loin with chillis, ginger and pineapple, eat, repeat until cured - if you aren't hallucinating the chillis aren't hot enough

Later won't be pork loin based but will involve much chilli, ginger and the like: chorizo and borlotti (home grown) bean based fabada stylee dish. Pineapple? Meh.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

lp grand siècle at the moment

Git.

Have a smashing hols.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Slack day. Dog walked. Fixed hole in fence. Stripped MTB to take frame in and get new bearings fitted. May need to find a machinist to make a replacement pivot shaft, or at least fix the thread on this one.

The End.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172

I've already got my fake passport and driving licence off here in the past, now I am looking for an Asian bride to pamper me and to tell me with all the sincerity she can muster, how much she loves me.
    Anyone with any experience?

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13109601/pretty-asian-girls-best-brides#latest

Ask Mr. Dudley from 'Little Britain'...

Bit dull in the office today despite being sat next to the marketing comms team who are generally pretty easy on the eye. Strifeys car us due for collection after they sorted out the starting problem so will have to bunk off work early. Drat.

SG, enjoy your hols. It's been a while since I've travelled Vtech class on a plane - I'm sure you'll make the most of it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    haydenm said:

:D
    My neighbours look to see what the racket is as mine are pumped up and snap onto the rim.
  • sungod
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

lp grand siècle at the moment

Git.

Have a smashing hols.
    you're back! where you been?

i moved on to the colheita post dessert, but mrs s just had a refill of lp and a massive xo cognac, so i'm feeling left out
  • hopkinb
    sungod said:

i moved on to the colheita post dessert, but mrs s just had a refill of lp and a massive xo cognac, so i'm feeling left out

Mainly sulking about the utter shitshow that is currently playing out. Also scurrying about whilst Mrs H3 has been recovering from her bunion removal operation. Much skivvying and domestic servitude. She is now back on her pins, though won't be fully recovered for another 6 weeks.

• hopkinb
    The booze on posh flights is very good. Nothing really of note for me over Christmas, except a bottle of 2006 Tatty Comtes de Champagne on Christmas Eve with the carols. Seems an age ago now.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

Mainly sulking about the utter shitshow that is currently playing out.

Never knew you were an Arsenal supporter :p

Welcome back, stranger.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Bit chilly and blowy for the wobble in this morning, not properly cold just a bit fresh. Busy morning is being followed by a busy afternoon. I've had a few stupifyingly stupid questions come my way from people that should know better. They were batted back swiftly with suitably scathing comments. Got to beat up a shipping company about customs codes now. Codes that were good last month they are now claiming are no good. I suspect fuckwwittery is at play but need them to confirm it as I don't have all the information yet.
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

Git.

I was going to ask that. Spent a lot of time around Wimbledon and Raynes Park over the last couple of weeks but no sightings of H³

• hopkinb

I was going to ask that. Spent a lot of time around Wimbledon and Raynes Park over the last couple of weeks but no sightings of H³

I've barely been anywhere else, though mainly skivvying at home/taking endless amounts of cr@p and cardboard to the tip as I have been whipping the house into shape while Mrs H3 is too indisposed to notice that I have binned several years worth of her hoarding of useless gubbins in plastic bags (like those loons off the telly - she puts stuff in bags - "just in case" - and then fills cupboards/loft space/spare rooms with said bags. I have not yet managed to convince her that we do not need 3 sets of crockery. I might have to drop at least one set.

At least I retrieved my bicycle from storage yesterday, and so was able to ride to work this morning. Going to ring the people at Asgard this afternoon, order one of their bicycle storage contraptions for the front yard. Probably should also concrete a sturdy locking staple inside.

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997

haydenm said:

My neighbours look to see what the racket is as mine are pumped up and snap onto the rim.
    I had to send mine a text to explain what the gunshot noise was. It happened in the living room at half 10 last night so now the OH is angry and wants me to redecorate the living room by the time she gets back from the gym tonight...

I inflated it a few days ago, I was trying to work out why the sidewall was still weeping so I had it up above my head and it just blew up
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb said:

At least I retrieved my bicycle from storage yesterday, and so was able to ride to work this morning. Going to ring the people at Asgard this afternoon, order one of their bicycle storage contraptions for the front yard. Probably should also concrete a sturdy locking staple inside.

Ooh, I was looking at those last night. Might have to get a 4 bike one for our front as the Mini has to go into the garage (long story). The Mrs asked which bikes were going into it, they were all mine. Whoops.
    Throw the crockery and tell Mrs H³ you're part Greek.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Just seen L'Tape UK has been announced not far from me...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    haydenm said:

haydenm said:

I had to send mine a text to explain what the gunshot noise was. It happened in the living room at half 10 last night so now the OH is angry and wants me to redecorate the living room by the time she gets back from the gym tonight...

I inflated it a few days ago, I was trying to work out why the sidewall was still weeping so I had it up above my head and it just blew up
    Oh...It was full of sealant too?
    Messy :smiley:
  • Stevo_666

haydenm said:

haydenm said:

Oh...It was full of sealant too?
    Messy :smiley:
    Who the hell does this sort of stuff in their living room unless they're a single bloke? :)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    @Stevo_666
    A bukkake film director perhaps?
  • Stevo_666

@Stevo_666

White gooey sealant?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832

@Stevo_666

Shouldn’t you get people to do it for you?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Long arsed day of work and not enough play.

Easter holiday booked, but too far away and too shite as it’s in Cornwall and as the weather was glorious last time it’s guaranteed to be shite