Morning, dog walked, early ride on the cards, out for lunch again
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod said:

'ning

looks like yesterday's brightness was anomalous, gloomygrey returns, sigh

ride and cafes, maybe a doughnut

Yesterday's forecast for here was dull and cloudy but turned out nice.
    Today's it's threatening some sunshine so we'll see.

Hopefully a quiet house for most of the day again today. Bike needs new brake pads fitting before I forget.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot sleep due to child sickness, which wasn’t great after a decent night in town followed by dropping into a pals for a party.

Today is car collection, followed by cleaning cars, then fun bike with friends then off to the Wrekin for a long run with a mate
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    No bike for the first half of this week as LBS could not get all the bits in for my new chain set in time (suppliers closed over Xmas type excuses). So may have to go running later.

Later is humdrum stuff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Day 9 of the serious snots. This is getting soooo 'kin tedious. Just how much green/yellow/brown/black gunk can one person eject?

Zero energy, zero exercise, sitting about, getting bored and fat. Even watched some televisual programme stuff yesterday while it was still daylight. 😳 Is this the future??
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    orraloon said:

Day 9 of the serious snots. This is getting soooo 'kin tedious. Just how much green/yellow/brown/black gunk can one person eject?

Zero energy, zero exercise, sitting about, getting bored and fat. Even watched some televisual programme stuff yesterday while it was still daylight. 😳 Is this the future??

That's a vicious circle that needs to be broken: just get pi$$ed and go for a bike ride.

Took toots schwimming and had a sauna. Cba to clean the car.
    Need to sort out admin in anticipation of the new year full working week getting back into action.

I am in determined mood to get things moving as e.o.c.y festive period things go phut... phut... stop.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Chilly an damp out today, no enjoyable but miles done more needed. Trying to work out what to do about a "proper" winter cycling jacket took a tumble on my old Galibier before Christmas. Thoughts? Long as its warm for when actual winter starts up I'm happy.

Anyway, food stewing dog beached in front of burner so going back to playing with Python scripts for an app I'm making.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    pinno said:

...just get pi$$ed and go for a bike ride...

Sounds like a plan. 😳 Not. (Channeling my inner 90s there). Might just get pi$$ed though.

Marginal improvements past couple of days. Various members of the extended family hit with similar symptoms, is what comes of getting in close proximity in bug season. Maybe Christmas should be in midsummer like Oz and that? Could start a petition for Parliament to discuss, coz they iz effective innit. Or tw@t at CovfefeDon? He would like to go down in history for at least one memorable achievement.

Woodburner on. Glass of wine poured. Scouser kickballers on tv...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    step83 said:

Chilly an damp out today, no enjoyable but miles done more needed. Trying to work out what to do about a "proper" winter cycling jacket took a tumble on my old Galibier before Christmas. Thoughts? Long as its warm for when actual winter starts up I'm happy

Polaris have got a sale on a lot of stuff. This any good?
    https://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/AM-Enduro-softshell-mountain-biking-jacket-p/pol01-5313-p.htm

Or an expensive bin liner?
    https://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/Shield-Windproof-Lightweight-Cycling-Jacket-p/pol01-5025-p.htm

Never tried any so can't vouch for whether they're any good, but it's a decent discount.

• pinno
    @step83

I had the Castelli Alpha but really couldn't get on with it.
    Good winter jacket, fitted snug but lacked decent cuffs and room for extra base layers (I run cold), so I sold it. Bought the Espresso which is a lot better, with good cuffs, a handy front pocket and a higher (soft) neck line. It's a classy bit of kit.
    However, bang for buck, my DHB full winter softshell is my go to. Sometimes I wear it just with a vest, sometimes 58 layers underneath.
  • step83
    pinno said:

@step83

I had the Castelli Alpha but really couldn't get on with it.
    Good winter jacket, fitted snug but lacked decent cuffs and room for extra base layers (I run cold), so I sold it. Bought the Espresso which is a lot better, with good cuffs, a handy front pocket and a higher (soft) neck line. It's a classy bit of kit.
    However, bang for buck, my DHB full winter softshell is my go to. Sometimes I wear it just with a vest, sometimes 58 layers underneath.

I did Look at the Alpha but I don't really have the Castelli body shape, AKA desiccated runner bean. The Espresso or Double espresso all seem to be to small but the DHB stuff is looking like a probable winner, just waiting to get confirmation from another company what the water proofing comprises of.
  • pinno
    I don't sport the racing snake figure too - bit too bulky up top (no fat), much manual labour (PPP etc) and so therefore, the Alpha was a poor fit but the Espresso was good.
    There's quite a selection of DHB.

The Ale stuff is getting good reviews but i've never taken the plunge bar a cycling jersey.

Have you been on Benders review site/thread? Although, he's a bit of an Assos/Rapha over priced clobber aficionado.
  • step83
    pinno said:

I don't sport the racing snake figure too - bit too bulky up top (no fat), much manual labour (PPP etc) and so therefore, the Alpha was a poor fit but the Espresso was good.
    There's quite a selection of DHB.

The Ale stuff is getting good reviews but i've never taken the plunge bar a cycling jersey.

Have you been on Benders review site/thread? Although, he's a bit of an Assos/Rapha over priced clobber aficionado.

I have had a nose on his site/thread. He does love his Rapha and Assos, joy of being sales time theres some nice reductions but being XXL in Rapha and XLG in Assos means you need to be there on day one :D

I do like Ale stuff, like you only got the one bit which is a lovely pair of roubaix bib shorts, pretty much my go to in spring. Ill have al ook see what I can find in terms of Espresso's. If not I may grab a Santini jacket I've seen, spoke to a friend who has one from Prenda's he was fine riding in the pouring rain. I get it will never keep it all out but I can deal with being wet as long as I'm not freezing cold.
    I'll have a look at the Ale stuff though plus side being they do bright colours, handy this time of year, easier to find me if I end up in a ditch!