friday acquiring targets beyond visual range

'ning

coffee and webexes, possibly the last mince pie of the season, sigh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet start but mild, I need to make a few journeys to the tip today I foolishly started to clear the garage yesterday
    Have a good day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Tired. Dropped Strifeys car off at the stealer to sort out a starting problem. Now on empttysh train into town ready for another round of coffee and delegation.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    WFH which is a win on a Friday
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning

Some doughnut came in this morning and set off the alarm in the office so muggins here had to sort it out. Something to do I guess :smile:

Time for another cup of tea, some food and some painkillers.
  • Morning,

In work but hoping a plumber turns up at home after a three week wait. Last one just didn't turn up despite saying he'd be with us "within the hour" then just ignored our texts/messages. Strange breed some tradesmen ( apologies to the good ones on here).

Will have to WFH if they do turn turn up , can't see much work being done. ;)

Stevo - we should compare bills at the end of the day :s
  • Morning,

In work but hoping a plumber turns up at home after a three week wait. Last one just didn't turn up despite saying he'd be with us "within the hour" then just ignored our texts/messages. Strange breed some tradesmen ( apologies to the good ones on here).

Indeed, it's odd how some trades "work". Had that issue here, people not turning up despite promises. Some must never get repeat work as there are a few I'd never employ again. The quality of work is fine but totally unreliable.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    sungod said:

'ning

thats ok hot cross buns are in the shops already ;)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    I spotted hot cross buns on sale in December, the world's gone mad I tell you.
    Very difficult getting out of bed this morning, it's been a long week. Lots to do this weekend, always time for lounging though.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, enforced absence due to messy family stuff, mess has now been swept firmly under the carpet.
    Also confirmed hot cross buns, mini eggs etc are in the shops along with mince pies, Christmas crackers and wrapping paper, its very strange time of year, just need some random BBQ's now to make it more surreal.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Brisk walk with dog early, then off to chiropractor again for some more clickety crackety crunch. Stopped by my Mum's on way home to do the Son's Help Desk duty on the PC which was a fail. "Windows is installing update 24 of 31" message stayed up for about 4 hours.

Watching anything to do with local news / social meeja is depressing and scary so instead have been playing some seriously chill piano music in a dim room, drinking a nice red. It worked.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Well they turned up, sorted the original issue, £40 cash. However they have had to cap off the gas meter as it was leaking, called out Transco and I’m currently sat waiting for another engineer to swap out the meter as the Cadent/Transco engineer wasn’t allowed to do it
  • Stevo_666

Morning,

Still waiting - should be a few hundred rather than a few thousand but I think I'll get shot of the old jalopy sooner rather than later as they did a 'visual health check' (aka try to find more faults they can charge you for) and identified more stuff that might need doing in the not too distant that will be a 4 figure sum...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    sungod said:

'ning

Now it's after New Year, M&S have loads of the good ones on the bakery counter.
  • Stevo_666 said:

Morning,

Still waiting - should be a few hundred rather than a few thousand but I think I'll get shot of the old jalopy sooner rather than later as they did a 'visual health check' (aka try to find more faults they can charge you for) and identified more stuff that might need doing in the not too distant that will be a 4 figure sum...
    That's no way to talk about the wife :D I'd imagine getting rid of her will cost you more than a few thousand as well.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Morning,

That's no way to talk about the wife :D I'd imagine getting rid of her will cost you more than a few thousand as well.
    Oh, I dunno - there are ways...

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    Bills. Bills. January is going to be a very expensive month.
    I'm not going to compare.

Finished pulling Ivy out of the front hedge prior to poisoning and in spring, plant more Beech. It's all pat of a big plan. Meanwhile, I can see the bloody neighbours where Sycamore trees were cut down. Self seeded some eleventy twenty years ago.
    On the plus side, loads a wood for da log burner.

Seen as I can't forge a service stamp (though I can do the job), car will have to be booked in for a service. More bucks.

Must visit Lidl for discount Deluxe range stuff: Christmas cake (it's wonderful), Mince pies and Xmas pudding. All of the above: rocket fuel.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

What's my ex doing on here, silly moo still trys to haunt me after 27yrs apart.

Which one is she Oxo? Hopefully Mrs Anderson...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    Where's Hoppy these days, the miserable, over paid, under sexed, anti-social (ginger) basket?

Perhaps he's over indulged on the Christmas fayre and can't get off the couch. I pity his bike.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Where's Hoppy these days, the miserable, over paid, under sexed, anti-social (ginger) basket?

Perhaps he's over indulged on the Christmas fayre and can't get off the couch. I pity his bike.

I was just wonderimg where he'd got to.