Permanently banned from Weightweenies without posting a thing..........

bungle73
bungle73 Posts: 758
edited December 2019 in The bottom bracket
Tried to register (because I was interested in the long-running Allez Sprint thread) yesterday. Was bizarrely asked to send an email with my "cycling information". No idea what that meant, so I sent a list of the bikes I own, and awaited account activation. I guess they're not good enough for them, as when I went on there today I got a

"You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address."

message. I've received no other messages. I guess they don't want any new members, or I'm not good enough for them......

I've read around and it seems they hand out bans willy nilly, and it seems it's no use contacting them about it (which I've done) because they don't respond.

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I blame Merlin.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    @ OP, have you recently moved? A previous occupier may have been banned previously and it’s the IP address which is being flagged?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • bungle73
    slowmart said:

@ OP, have you recently moved? A previous occupier may have been banned previously and it’s the IP address which is being flagged?

No. I’ve lived here since 1998.
  • Same thing happened to me. Was fine for a few months and then my IP got banned in October for seemingly no reason. My public IP has not changed for the last two years.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Create account through a VPN/proxy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • bungle73
    edited December 2019
    pinno said:

Create account through a VPN/proxy.

What's the point when you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to gain access, which I already did once and got inexplicably banned? I can't read the website at all now without using a proxy. Ridiculous.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Maybe their mod works for Merlin?
  • Or the post office.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Or reads other cycling forums
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,737
    Having your reputation preceding you is not always a good thing.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    What was the thread title? 'I drilled my derailleur cage and it snapped; can I blame Shimano/SRAM/Campag for not making it stronger?'
  • pinno
    me-109 said:

What was the thread title? 'I drilled my derailleur cage and it snapped; can I blame Shimano/SRAM/Campag for not making it stronger?'

Look, attaching the mech to the frame correctly would be a start.
  • Did you tell them about your 40kg backpack?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457

Or reads other cycling forums

:D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    pinno said:

I must have missed that one.
  • me-109 said:

pinno said:

I must have missed that one.
    I think pinno is conflating bungle with manc33
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    And Joe Total is confusing him with milemuncher.
  • bungle73
    I'm not sure it's worth hanging around here anymore. What with the persistent and unending trolling, anf now the forum itself has been turned into an unmitigated impossible to navigate atrocious pos. I congratulate you.
  • pinno
    bungle73 said:

I congratulate you.

First day of the new decade and i'm getting compliments.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    bungle73 said:

I'm not sure it's worth hanging around here anymore. What with the persistent and unending trolling, anf now the forum itself has been turned into an unmitigated impossible to navigate atrocious pos. I congratulate you.

Unfortunately we can't take the credit for state of the new forum...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]