my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, by the looks of it’s nice day, club ride at 9 o’clock
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Early ride. Ended in a crash. Just waiting to get picked up.
    Main thing is, the bike seems ok, car less so.
  • Morning. Grey day but pumping surf so that's plan for this morning. Family meal for 16 tonight, should be chaos. Then work tomorrow, grrrrr.
  • Early ride. Ended in a crash. Just waiting to get picked up.

This does not sound good. Hope you are ok as well as bike! Whose car?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419

Sounds like you're OK which is the main thing. Well built bike to do that much damage to a car...?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Stevo_666 said:

Sounds like you're OK which is the main thing. Well built bike to do that much damage to a car...?
    I was assuming he was ok, given he posted on here. Not what I'd be prioritising if I was hurting after a crash. More details to follow? But best wishes anyroads.
  • Stevo_666
    True. Interested to know how the car came off worse - assume it also hit something more substantial than Thistle and his bike (he might be a big lad, I don't really know).

Wàtch this space...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Another cracker of a day. Legs were decidedly not happy after a day of DIY yesterday. Slow walk with dog didn't help, and neither did a bit of easy spin on the turbo for a while.

Dismantled squeaky bike to find bearing pivot shaft just about seized in the completely FUBAR frame bearings. Grrrrrrr. Trip to shop required for that.

Just been checking on rednecks in the paddock behind us, out with spotlights shooting rabbits I think.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Not that exciting really.
    Put a dent in the side of the wing and a scratch over the bonnet.
    Bike seems to have mech damage but otherwise ok, but will get the LBS to check it over.
    Bored now waiting to get my collarbone x rayed, I can still move so hopefully it's fine.

Need to figure out how to do another 75 miles to finish the festive 500 :D
  • Stevo_666

Not that exciting really.
    Put a dent in the side of the wing and a scratch over the bonnet.
    Bike seems to have mech damage but otherwise ok, but will get the LBS to check it over.
    Bored now waiting to get my collarbone x rayed, I can still move so hopefully it's fine.

Need to figure out how to do another 75 miles to finish the festive 500 :D

If you or the bike are damaged, can you get a free pass to drive the last 75? (Maybe slightly ironic given what's just happened...) :)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo_666 said:

True. Interested to know how the car came off worse - assume it also hit something more substantial than Thistle and his bike (he might be a big lad, I don't really know).

Wàtch this space...

Perhaps he hit a German performance car built out of tin foil?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316

Stevo_666 said:

Wàtch this space...

Perhaps he hit a German performance car built out of tin foil?
    I have no idea what you are talking about unless it was a newish Merc.

Pulled Ivy. Fixed a shelf that Tricky managed to pull off the wall. God knows how - it was a small shelf with two Oak blocks stuck to the wall with grab adhesive and a quadrant of glass to hold soap. She must have swung on the thing.

Now a lot else really. Could do with less cloud and sogginess.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Anyhoo, Thistle 1 - Car - 0.
    Unless the scapula is fubarred. Then it's a draw.

If Hoppy hit a car... That would be an entirely different outcome.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Thistle isn’t a big chap!

Not sure if I can post in here, it’s now tomorrow so I should start a new thread, but I haven’t slept.......