2020 yt Capra

15nventr
15nventr Posts: 7
edited December 2019 in MTB buying advice
This might sound abit daft but do you guys suspect that the yt Capra will get a redesign for 2020? Only asking beceause I'm hesitant on purchasing one right now if a new model will be released next year.

It's between a yt Capra Al base or a calibre sentry.

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    What makes you believe that the new one will be better or cheaper than the 2019 version? Bikes don't always get better, or even better value for money.
    I agree that the general trend is upwards and onwards, but marketing guys have to hit key price points, so from one year to the next kit specs can go down in some areas, until they bite the bullet.

PS: I bought a 2014 YT Capra in Oct'14 and it was without doubt one of the best bikes I have ever owned. If I still had it, it would still be one of the best bikes out there. So I wouldn't bother too much about small year to year variations. If (and it's a big if) there are any 2019 YT Capras left, then they will probably be on sale and even better value for money, so buy now!
  • There's a few ones in my size left but they will be getting a restock soon so not sure if they'll be any sales.