Twas the Tuesday before Christmas

'Ning

Bit soggy here. Off out early riding and hopefully it will be less rainy up the road.

Expecting town to be manic with shoppers so might go and people watch later.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, rain again just walked the dog , he,s gone back to bed, I’m going to have a ride on the rollers shortly, a busy day ahead
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Raining here which is pants. Walking older hound and then work till lunch followed by a run or fun bike.

Then pick up the family from the hell of visiting her sister and let the Christmas excess start properly
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

cafes, simulate wfh etc., noticed some cafes appear to be closing for a few days, should bring back victorian values
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, damp out, in a shocking revelation it was also raining here. dog is somewhere in the office no doubt being fed random things. Hopefully home early as I have food prep to prep etc.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Back on the Lemsips, ffs. Had planned a ride to gym, sesh, ride back, sneer in passing at the gridlock traffic stupidity, be home early pm and then start doing nowt. And it's pelting down again. Plan B involves starting doing nowt from about... now.
  • Early start as medical taxi services for Mum to eye surgeon, a spot of grocery shopping to stock up, then a few hours of lounging in belting sunshine. Late afternoon bike ride just dawdling about local tracks. Drinks.

Quietest Christmas Day in 25 years planned tomorrow, should be a nice change.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Booked the day off so I could do nothing but seem to have found myself food shopping and preparing things for tomorrow's meal. There's only the four of us and its only a bloody chicken but they still want all the trimmings and shiz that goes with it. School boy this as it always happens and she always seems to have "something to finish off" at work

Weather rather pleasant here in Nottingham currently. As no one is in I'm tempted to be a complete child and go Christmas present hunting or present shaking but I may as well keep the disappointment until tomorrow.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Dropped sprog with grandparents - nipped back home, jumped on the bike and did an extended commute to work :) No Rain here! :smiley:
    Won't be quite so far home - but hopefully not the short short version ...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Ended up being more rainy down the road, contrary to the forecast.
    Blue sky now that I'm back home of course.
    Lazy day planned for the rest of the day, why break recent traditions :)
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441

As no one is in I'm tempted to be a complete child and go Christmas present hunting or present shaking but I may as well keep the disappointment until tomorrow.

Nothing that resembles a bike wrapped up under the tree then?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Not too bad out around these parts, rode the daughter's bike to work in the absence of my pub hack. Another half hour or so then to the pub for a couple before attending to a few things. Daughter has offered to ferry me about after I've had a drink so that's good.
    Drinks with a few friends later, should probably wrap the EPO's presents at some point.
    Have a good one everybody.
  • As no one is in I'm tempted to be a complete child and go Christmas present hunting or present shaking but I may as well keep the disappointment until tomorrow.

Not a chance, not been on a bike for over five months so can't justify anything bike related. Came back on here to try to get some sort of motivation going but I doubt I'm going to find much on BB :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Just finished my last few odds 'n' ends of work. Just as well given I seem to have picked up the Christmas lergy from someone - snotty cold now in full flow just in time...

Junior hound has been back down the vets to get a bigger cone of shame fitted post yesterdays nut chopping operation. Still needs a fair bit of attention though, I have a feeling this may be a long few days.

Off out this afternoon get some final supplies, top up on petrol and get the Panzer cleaned at the Albanian car wash. Then time for food and drink after that.

Enjoy...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Oxoman, lets hope Santa brings me two new knees and a package from Dr Freeman!!! (not for erectile dysfunction obviously :D:D ) In truth the plan is to get back out there.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

As no one is in I'm tempted to be a complete child and go Christmas present hunting or present shaking but I may as well keep the disappointment until tomorrow.

Not a chance, not been on a bike for over five months so can't justify anything bike related. Came back on here to try to get some sort of motivation going but I doubt I'm going to find much on BB :D
    Motivational bike pics below.
    Taken while out doing the festive 500 last year. I think the last one is more suited to BB than the show us your scenic bike pics thread.