monday raising a glass to machiavelli

'ning

coffee and mince pie, bit of end of year admin, pick up surprise bling for mrs s, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cereals and coffee me , not keen on mince pies
    Have a good day
  • Morning, hair cut and eye test beckons. Maybe I should consider reversing the order there?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Nothing planned today, legs are feeling tired after yesterday's frolics. Forecast is nice though so really should go outside somewhere, maybe I'll just sit in the sun and clean the 15 miles of filth off the bike :D

Morning, hair cut and eye test beckons. Maybe I should consider reversing the order there?

Are you doing the hair cut?
    If not getting your hair out of your eyes will help you see better.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited December 2019
    On train into town. Would have ridden into work but the bike is at the LBS to get a new chainset and I'm having a drink with an old mate at lunchtime & not going back to the office B)

In the meantime, junior hound is losing his nuts today. Hopefully it'll calm him down a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Pleasant ride in to work this morning, very quiet in here and I must confess Whilst I have lots to do I'm not really feeling it. Just threw a jammie dodger at a colleague and told him to get his sorry self to Gregg's and buy some mince pies.
    Went to a good gig Saturday night, reminds me it's high time Stevo and I went to another one. Wanders off in search of the gig thread...
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    Pleasant ride in to work this morning, very quiet in here and I must confess Whilst I have lots to do I'm not really feeling it. Just threw a jammie dodger at a colleague and told him to get his sorry self to Gregg's and buy some mince pies.
    Went to a good gig Saturday night, reminds me it's high time Stevo and I went to another one. Wanders off in search of the gig thread...

Good thinking Batman. I only just missed out on seeing the Dead Kennedys a couple of months back. Will have to see who's on the 'tour before we die' list for 2020.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, why are we at work? Theres nothing actually to do here bar spin on the chair an scoff mince pies, phone keeps ringing though some nonsense about my helping patch some network gumph which I'm choosing to ignore.
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Morning, why are we at work? Theres nothing actually to do here bar spin on the chair an scoff mince pies, phone keeps ringing though some nonsense about my helping patch some network gumph which I'm choosing to ignore.

I want to carry some hols forward into 2020, no other reason.

Btw your personal news the other day reminded me of an important rule an old boss once told me: 'Don't pork the payroll' :p Although exceptions are allowed if they are attractive enough...
  • step83
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Btw your personal news the other day reminded me of an important rule an old boss once told me: 'Don't pork the payroll' :p Although exceptions are allowed if they are attractive enough...
    I'd say I'm punching above my weight, so exceptions are acceptable.
    Plus shes opposite side of the building to me an technically I should only need to speak to her about once a month, or if one of the consignments goes walkies which is rare.
    To be fair people didn't realise we were seeing each other even when we turned up to the work do together.

Important question though, do I walk home at lunch an get the dog? I need a footrest/warmer.
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

I'd say I'm punching above my weight, so exceptions are acceptable.
    Plus shes opposite side of the building to me an technically I should only need to speak to her about once a month, or if one of the consignments goes walkies which is rare.
    To be fair people didn't realise we were seeing each other even when we turned up to the work do together.

Important question though, do I walk home at lunch an get the dog? I need a footrest/warmer.
    Get the dog, it's Christmas.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368

'ning

Nothing planned today, legs are feeling tired after yesterday's frolics. Forecast is nice though so really should go outside somewhere, maybe I'll just sit in the sun and clean the 15 miles of filth off the bike :D

exactly its procastination of the highest order day to day, Im caught between sitting on the sofa for the rest of today, well with drinks with friends later, or going for another ride to add some more miles to the yearly total, I suppose bike will win even though it will be pigeon roosting time again by the time I get out as I cant see Ill get another ride till the 27th after today :(
  • veronese68
    step83 said:

The EPO used to work with me, different building but same company. A few people spotted us out and about but didn't spread the word. Over time we got less bothered about people finding out. After a night on the lash with colleagues I got dropped off outside her flat, the guy driving mentioned that he thought she lived nearby, I said her place was somewhere over there in a vague fashion. Nobody ever suspected a thing. We even spent a weekend in the same hotel whilst working with loads of others and nobody twigged even though we disappeared a few times.
    I think people assumed she had more taste.
  • step83
    My logic exactly V, its fine. An yeah probably think that she would have more taste than to be dating me. There a pair of young ones at work who were all over each other, was like watching a pair of seals trying to both swallow the same ball at the same time.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    bike won :) but blimey it was a bit manic on the main roads, has everyone decided to go shopping on the same day today ? I especially like the ones who see you coming along in the bike lane and pull over to block it or you pass them and then they floor it to reovertake you and then immediately slam on the brakes because theres queue you muppets!!! and you just sail past again.

at least the middle bit of the ride was nice, even if I managed to soak both feet as I tried to navigate around a flood, and was ankle deep in mud at one point crossing a field, but saw a nice sunset, so it was worth it, though bike really really needs a clean now.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Late post due to Apple and bike radar not wanting to play with each other.

Nearly finished work, just a half day tomorrow :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

.Btw your personal news the other day reminded me of an important rule an old boss once told me: 'Don't pork the payroll' :p Although exceptions are allowed if they are attractive enough...

Don't dip your pen in the office ink is the one I was told.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I was always told don’t do her she has the clap (work in the motor industry so not much choice)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Motor trade, clapped out old banger, it all makes sense.
  • veronese68
    orraloon said:

Motor trade, clapped out old banger, it all makes sense.

I'll certainly be feeling clapped out over the next few days.