It's Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday

'ning

Where is everyone?

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    I'm here...on the train again.

Riding home this evening for probably my last bit of exercise in 2019. Onwards to coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited December 2019
    Forecast is decent (for december) so got up early, bike out, then as I was having a pre ride cuppa it started tipping it down :/

Might try again in a bit, still dark and gloomy outside which isn't a good sign.
    Hopefully bearings will turn up for the fast bike later this morning.
  • Grim here in Nottingham currently. Off out soon to speak to a local authority about helping them get something built. They don't have a scooby what they are doing and don't appear to want to listen to the experts (me :D ) so will in all likelihood miss out on a lot of central government grant.

PM me if you are a concerned council tax payer in the Midlands and I will name and shame ;)

Strangely I'm the only one in the office so far this morning after I declined to pay for my own Christmas meal yesterday and stayed in the office.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Dry in Shropshire currently. WFH which means early doors pub again, just like yesterday.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, buying the OH's Christmas present, answering the 'Mr and Mrs' questions her friend asked me to do and waving her off on her hen weekend. I on the other hand, am going for a curry with some colleagues later on. We will likely not be able to get a taxi back so we will need fuel for our 8 mile trudge back to his house. He is a bad person so I'm not sure how this is going to play out
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    What a miserable morning. Last day in the office this year, hopefully.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • Stevo_666

Forecast is decent (for december) so got up early, bike out, then as I was having a pre ride cuppa it started tipping it down :/

Might try again in a bit, still dark and gloomy outside which isn't a good sign.
    Hopefully bearings will turn up for the fast bike later this morning.

Ironically the forecast looks pretty good (i.e. not raining) after tomorrow. However I've somehow managed to pretzel my big chain ring so am dropping the bike into the LBS tomorrow to get sorted and not sure I'll get it back before Xmas.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Morning. Actually sunny here but roads soaking. I'll be surfing again anyway so that makes missing turbo session OK!
  • haydenm
    I'm answering 'Mr and Mrs' questions for the OH's hen do. How do I answer 'Where is the craziest place you've had sex?' knowing that both mothers will hear it...?

My answer of 'up the bum' will not go down well.
  • Stevo_666
    haydenm said:

I'm answering 'Mr and Mrs' questions for the OH's hen do. How do I answer 'Where is the craziest place you've had sex?' knowing that both mothers will hear it...?

:D
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Halifax blocked a payment I tried to make on Monday. After a long discussion with their fraud team them unblocked it and sent it.
    Except they didn't.
    Now they've blocked my internet banking access. Another long phone call beckons....
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    Stevo_666 said:

haydenm said:

Surely the correct answer is "on her mother's bed"
  • haydenm
    mrb123 said:

Stevo_666 said:

haydenm said:

Surely the correct answer is "on her mother's bed"
    I mean, I assume they are asking craziest place with OH rather than just anyone. I was tempted to write in her sister's cabin (she's a dancer on a cruise ship), but that would be exceptionally awkward for everyone there
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, feeling semi human today, picked up some new rims and spokes so quite night lacing for me.

Weathers gopping has been hammering it down all day, do we just take up sailing now? Back road I use to Woburn is under a couple inches of water, others got a constant stream, all fun!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    And home from a lads' sesh up that Lahndahn. Multiple rather pleasant beers in multiple pubs around the Covent Garden area from lunchtime onwards. Not too rammed given it's the Friday before That Thing. Finished with some excellent Belgians and food in Lowlander in Drury Lane, then bailed before it got too rowdy dahn tahn innit. And so to bed...