Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    edited November 2019
    £45 from CRC (New account), down from an alleged £90.

Reviews are generally good, planning to pack it well.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    edited December 2019
    Finally succumbed and bought this 650b gravel bike, after it got decently discounted in the Evans Black Friday sale. Instant vouchers through my work rewards scheme got a further 8% off, bringing it down to only £966. Massive tyre clearance, tonnes of mounts, tubeless 650b and full Sram Rival 1x drive train. Bargain:

Couple of Sportful jackets to try from CRC and Wiggle to max out their BF discounts. R&D Intensity (reduced to £121):

Intensity 2.0 jacket, upgraded to Polartec Neoshell and Alpha insulation, down to £134

Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • A see sense handlebar bag, sent them a cheeky email and they knocked a fiver of it and gripgrab gaiters after my home made marigold efforts give up,
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    the_rover said:

A see sense handlebar bag, sent them a cheeky email and they knocked a fiver of it and gripgrab gaiters after my home made marigold efforts give up,

Good call. I've started commuting with a bar bag instead of backpack or panniers. It's brilliant, easily the best way to carry stuff. Obviously, the downside is that my laptop won't fit, but I've resolved that by moving to a 10" Samsung tablet for work and that fits nicely in an Ortlieb Accessory Bag which can either clip on the front of the matching bar bag or you can use it on it's own.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • PX order of restraint...
    San Marco Mantra Supercomfort Open saddle
    Some more 365x baselayers (another sleeveless, 1x long sleeve, 1x short sleeve)
    4x Conti Race 28 Wide tubes
    2x Schwalbe Century
    365 Magma jacket

Jacket was the bargain buy at £30, they do size small on the torso and have quite long arms when the removeable lower sleeves are attached, I was a bit nervous of buying XL when for "non-Italian" gear I'm usually M or L... But it fits fine and I couldn't be sure the L wouldn't be too small (long torso for someone 5'10", ~39" chest).

Hoping the saddle will solve my discomfort blues of 2019, initially felt great for turbo session before dinner from a rough and ready fitting, but reached my critical point of ~60mins and the discomfort began... So will tweak angles later.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Things I bought as a result of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. All stuff I was after anyway:

Couple of the bargain KMC chains posted in the thread earlier
    Gabba 3 in grey
    Varia Radar/Light
    Morvelo overland tshirt
    See.Sense bar bag
    This mad little tiny carbon fibre mudguard, to fit and forget on my best bike:

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    That genuinely IS mad.
  • apreading said:

That genuinely IS mad.

Aye, if it's terrible I'm out £20. Worth a wee go, reviews are on the positive side but prohibitive on cost as the RRP is £50.
  • Bought a replacement remote for my Exposure Strada, as the one that had come with it had failed.

My commute is a mix of urban stuff, and properly dark bits with added dog walks so being able to easily flick the light between high/low is a boon.

The few days with out was a royal pain!
  • daniel_b

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited December 2019

Very well rated 3 bike rear back for a shade over £40 due to gold level discount temporarily increasing to 10%.
    Bizarrely Wiggle no longer on TCB, though CRC remain.

Just have to hope this will fit in a travel case now - although could wedge it in with the bike I guess.

EDIT: Is it my imagination, or have the number of posts on the various forums reduced by what feels like 75%?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Yes Dan I believe the new upgrade has all but killed off this forum
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I'm enjoying the weird thread resurrections that seem to be increasingly common - threads from 5, 10, 15 years ago that people post on as if not a day has passed.

They aren't even all spambots, which is just strange.
  • luv2ride
    35mm WTB tubeless tape and valves from CRC, to convert the new gravel bike I picked up today...wheels and tyres are both TCS, so shame wasnt set up tubeless from the shop...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • luv2ride
    Another softshell top (just because...)

• itboffin
    but but but its brown :o
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • daniel_b
    That's very brown!

What make is it?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    daniel_b said:

That's very brown!

What make is it?

Looks like Kalas to me
  • luv2ride
    edited December 2019
    Kalf Club Softshell made from a new Event fabric, from Evans (well, ebay in this case). And it's a rather fetching gold colour in the flesh rather than brown! Kind of reminds me of the uniform of a certain Starfleet Captain...

Nice fit, and a bit different...

2 x Schwalbe 650b inner tubes £4 each from Halfords with BC discount, and a pair of 650b Panaracer Gravel King SK TCS in 49mm & tan wall flavour for £49 from Merlin (after TCB & redeeming some loyalty points)
  • itboffin
    ah yeah i meant Kalf, I have a lightweight long sleeved jersey myself and its very very good, socks not so much but well made
  • timothyw
    Pro Carbon Evo Disc Frameset from Planet X (and a load of other bits and bobs).

Picked up that crazy bargain r7000 disc groupset wiggle had a few months back on cyclescheme, had vaguely planned to upgrade my cross bike but couldn't quite motivate myself to do so, so it's getting a nice new frame to go on.

£300 for the frameset at the minute too good to miss IMHO.
  • timothyw said:

Pro Carbon Evo Disc Frameset from Planet X (and a load of other bits and bobs).

Picked up that crazy bargain r7000 disc groupset wiggle had a few months back on cyclescheme, had vaguely planned to upgrade my cross bike but couldn't quite motivate myself to do so, so it's getting a nice new frame to go on.

£300 for the frameset at the minute too good to miss IMHO.

Saw that £299 Carbon Evo Disc frameset last night and started to get some silly ideas, given I have a spare set of thru axle wheels. Let us know what actually comes with it please, PX have been a tad devious IMO in what they put down the bottom of the desciption in the "don't forget to also order" section which includes the £40 a set thru axle bolts.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • timothyw
    I'm reasonably confident the thru axles are included (I'm sure it's been mentioned by them elsewhere) but failing that Wiggle have some generic thru axles that I've used previously in a range of threadings and sizes.

Anyhow, will update once it's all here!
  • itboffin
    I've bought one of those brown/gold Kalf jerseys as it was £71 on Amazon, picked medium as that's what my other Kalf long sleeved is, we shall see
  • luv2ride
    itboffin said:

I've bought one of those brown/gold Kalf jerseys as it was £71 on Amazon, picked medium as that's what my other Kalf long sleeved is, we shall see

Just used mine for first time. Craft LS baselayer, 35-40 mph wind gusts and around 5-6 degrees before windchill. Upper body very comfortable, despite cold toes, so seems good. Not damp inside (always am with a Gabba) so a thumbs up from me...and I love the colour, a bit Rapha? The double pockets with rain flap worked surprisingly well for me too. At £51 from ebay, a bargain, but would still ge happy at £71
  • itboffin
    my medium arrived today and the colour isnt as bad, very Star Trek but otherwise okay, at my winter weight the medium is a comfortable fit, long arms but could do with a bit more torso length, as you say the windstopper effect seems excellent as I stood in the front garden fully exposed to those gusts this afternoon.
  • luv2ride
    edited December 2019
    Sportful Intensity 2.0 jacket - £117, down from £225, from Wiggle in Xmas sale. Polartec Neoshell with Polartec Alpha direct lining. Could be the perfect winter jacket.

• daniel_b
    edited December 2019
    Been VERY impressed with my 1200, so when I spotted the 1600 (with a remote) for £94 @ sdj sports, thought it was worth a punt.

Going to order some extra mounts as well, can be had for around £5-6 each, twiddly wheel ones, fixed ones with a screw, or helmet mount ones are a tad more.

Powerpack feature can also come in handy.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • luv2ride
    edited December 2019
    Another piece by Kalf. Have the summer weight Flux Jersey and love the fit, so thought I'd try this windproof version as in the Evan's sale

Also, couple of small tool "kegs" and a bottle cage for slinging under the down tube on the gravel bike, as well as as a Lezyne tubeless repair kit
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Had to get a few bits and bobs due to wear and tear:

- Clark's brake blocks
    - dhb neoprene overshoes
    - SPD-SL cleats
    - Schwalbe Durano tyres x 2
    - Le Col commuting back (used my Strava discount code because my backpack gave up the ghost on one of those wet days before Christmas. Very comfortable, plenty of space);
    - rear mech cable

FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."