wednesday is undergoing spontaneous dimensional reduction

'ning

gave up on paris due to strikes, instead coffee and mince pie or two, summon reserves of patience for a webex, bail

may arrange another hols, only got a couple in the pipeline
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing fog this morning , the dog walk was a bit on the chilly side to say the least anyway the coffee is warming me up a bit
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Cold and icy here. Forecast is fog for most of the day so going to search for somewhere warmer to ride.
  • Morning. After yesterdays respite it's back to wind and rain here. Offshore wind so good news for the surf!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Ferkin cold hybrid commute, so finally gave in and had a mince pie
  • Gooooood morning interneteers, a day of winding down towards Fridays main wind down. The most exiting thing today can bring is turning on my new phone.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, work again, looks like a nice day out. Feeling a bit better today as I went mountain biking last night then got an early night. I'm currently hiding in my office with my headphones on trying to avoid a conversation between some parents in the office who are clearly indulging their kid's issues far too much. One of them is talking about this 'arsehole' in his kid's class who needs to be taught a lesson. I don't care about them or their kids.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Survived the office Christmas party by bailing early to avoid the Karaoke, but not before they'd done the Christmas raffle (won nothing in the end). Enjoyed a good chat with blonde Polish minion who was clearly 'savouring' her vodka last night :smile:

Bought minions a round of bacon sarnies this morning as they looked like they needed it and I needed food as I pedalled in. Now trying to pace myself on the work front as it seems a bit quiet in the office for some reason...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day here, plus ca change...
    Just had pizza for lunch bought by the company, that combined with lots of cakes, chocolates and sweets that have been sent in fro Christmas means I'm feeling quite stuffed. A few mince pies have been had of course.
    As it's Wednesday I will celebrate by going to a pub and drinking beer.
    More importantly, early skive means it's time I wasn't here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Mince pie score : 0

Bah. And humbug.

Good night last night back in previous home village with the old enough to know better footballers pre Christmas post match drinks 'n' food. Biked there and back from daughter #1's place, prob should have fitted mudguards on the old mtb. First proper test of my 800 lumen Jobsworth front, excellent.

Last (paid for) working day of 2019 completed. Tick.

Is it time to start thinking about Christmas?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    orraloon said:

Nah, leave that till Tuesday.

Blowing a Hooley here and raining like Noah should be turning up soon.

2019 has been a shyte year. Can't wait to get it over with.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

Yeah, tell me about it.
  • orraloon said:

pinno said:

Yeah, tell me about it.
    Plus potato
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    You say Potato, I say Potato, can't see what all the fuss is about really.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Nah, leave that till Tuesday.

Blowing a Hooley here and raining like Noah should be turning up soon.

Have to admit it's been a bit of a 'mixed' year here as well. On the plus side, both me and my OH have run out of close elderly relatives to die on us, so no repeats of recent shyte.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    edited December 2019
    Afternoon folks,
    Warm and moist this morning, not very pleasant now. Been to the cafe for last Fryday of the year, now feeling very snoozy. The snooziness is not being helped by the quantity of mince pies and chocolates I'm eating. Combatting this with espresso.
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Have to admit it's been a bit of a 'mixed' year here as well. On the plus side, both me and my OH have run out of close elderly relatives to die on us, so no repeats of recent shyte.
    Not wanting to tempt fate and being entirely selfish 2019 has been a hell of a lot better than 2018, but then again by this point last year I still had 2 funerals to go to.
  • pinno
    Erm, this is the Wednesday thread VN.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

The days are all merging into one, happy Friday folks.
  • pinno

pinno said:

The days are all merging into one, happy Friday folks.
    That's the beauty of alcoholism. I'm going to try it.