Post completely vanished on editing!!

neeb
neeb Posts: 4,467
I just posted a long reply on a thread, and then edited it to add a single sentence at the end shortly after posting. On submitting the edit, the post completely vanished!!

This is INCREDIBLY annoying!!! Where is the post??

Comments

• mr_evil
    mr_evil Posts: 234
    I have had the same problem. Going by other reports of the problem, editing a post causes it to be held for moderation. If the moderators judge you worthy, it will be restored eventually.
  • mr_evil
    Is that really necessary? Do spammers somehow abuse the ability to edit posts? Spammers who have been been members for years, with hundreds or even thousands of posts?
  • mr_evil
    Could it at least tell you that the post has requires moderator approval, instead of it simply vanishing into thin air? This is in a new post instead of an edit, just in case...
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    edited December 2019
    oli_admin said:

Correct, if you make multiple corrections within a short time period the site's spam controls will push your post into the moderator's panel where it will have to be manually approved.

Are these the same spam controls which don't seem capable of stopping any actual spammers?

Oli - I'm not having a go at you directly, but come on, you must see this is all utterly absurd..
  • neeb
    In my case it certainly wasn't multiple edits within a short time period, just a single edit immediately after posting. In this case adding a sentence, but I guess it would have been flagged the same way even if it had just been the common "oops, I made a typo" sort of edit.

Worst aspect is that there is no message to tell you what's happened - just the whole message seemingly vanishing...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Would it be churlish to suggest that you edit the title of this thread? 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • neeb
    pblakeney said:

Would it be churlish to suggest that you edit the title of this thread? 🤣

Done.. :D

The perils of typing late at night when mildly annoyed..
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    🤣🤣🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.