monday one must, it is true, forgive one’s enemies—but not before they have been hanged

'ning

coffee, mince pie, gmc geopolitics, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dog walked , breakfast consumed, coffee being drunk, the last of the leaves will be removed from the garden later, need to pick up some petrol for the garden vac first
    Have a good week
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Bit windy at the moment for discretionary cycling, but it should at least dry the roads out.
    Looks like it will calm down in a bit.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Legs ache from last nights run, so I'm glad I sit on my ar$e for a living. Just off into town now to do that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Just had annual bonus and pay rise confirmed. Happy Christmas me.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • Where did my post go?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Where did my post go?

Where did my weekend go :(
  • thistle_

Where did my post go?

Did it actually post?
    I've had this and thought it was just me. I think I was hitting "save draft" or "preview" instead of "post"
  • thistle_
    Bike ride was a bit iffy. Slid half way down a 10% hill with a hairpin at the end, couldn't see any ice or diesel spillage.
    Spooked me for the rest of the ride, will try a different tyre.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Did you leave the open tab with your post in live edit mode? I've done that couple of times, typed text in, then thought buxxer better check the spelling of X, gone to a different Chrome tab, come back and the text is gone. Annoying. Think need to save draft, or remember to save draft, which I've just tested and works.
  • thistle_
    Longshot said:

Just had annual bonus and pay rise confirmed. Happy Christmas me.

Must log on to my work email and look for my joyous email.
    Usually it's along the lines of you've done really well and met all the targets but times are tough so nothing for you lot.
  • Where did my post go?

Did it actually post?
    I've had this and thought it was just me. I think I was hitting "save draft" or "preview" instead of "post"
    I think I posted, maybe not...

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Bike ride was a bit iffy. Slid half way down a 10% hill with a hairpin at the end, couldn't see any ice or diesel spillage.

Shoot - the bike ok?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Least you survived an didnt encounter this spillage

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/brussels-sprouts-block-road-fife-christmas-a4314841.html

Been out of it last few days with proper flu only today felt semi human. So much for my week off work!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Shoot - the bike ok?
    Are we assuming he slid on his arris or the bike slid?
    Ouch or New tyre?.

Sunny here and crisp. Did mowstly house based things bar fettling the front number plate hanger on Porker #2. Damn roads.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    edited December 2019
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Shoot - the bike ok?
    Are we assuming he slid on his arris or the bike slid?
    Ouch or New tyre?
    New tyre I think, need to check properly.
    It just sh*t me up more than anything else, especially as it's the first time I've been on a bike properly since about September....

Might be a good excuse for a new bike though, for safety reasons.
  • pinno

Might be a good excuse for a new bike though, for safety reasons.

I did a slide on gravel at a T junction. Slightly sideways and into the main road. I didn't fall and despite crossing the junction, a car didn't hit me but I was shook up for a while.
    I go very gingerly around places where I know there will be gravel.
    A mate of mine - cook at a local cafe, cycles to work. One morning last spring, he pulled into a lay bye to let a car past down this single track road, slipped sideways on gravel (at low speed) came off an shattered his hip. His in his late 30's.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Thistle, New bike time definitely. For stability suggest one of these.
    https://missioncycles.co.uk/product/mx/

But it's only got 3 wheels.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

He can drift it without falling off. Hopefully

Can you control the brakes on each rear wheel separately? >:)
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

...new ABS braking system...

Does that mean imply possible (hard) front wheel braking?

• pinno
    oxoman said:

It implies OTB if it fails.

Done that - 17 stitches around my upper lip/nose. Plastic surgeon's assistant did the job. 11 anaesthetic injections 'cos the flesh was so thin and the needle went straight through. Male nurse held my hand until... I dislocated his thumb. Ended up post stitching in x-ray next to same very disgruntled nurse.
    Plastic bag blowing in the wind caught the front wheel and got fed into the calliper. I would have been fine if I hadn't pressed the brake lever.
  • pinno
    That's one of those very unlucky lucky occurrences.