BMC ALR: how to adjust the seat

Hi, I just bought a BMC teammachine alr and I wanted to know how to adjust the seat. As it has an integrated seatclamp, I tried to turn the screw under the frame but I can't be moved. Also there is a little hole on top the the frame but I don't know what is it for. Thank you for your help. (sorry for the english, I'm french)

Under the frame:

Top:

Comments

• olivers
    olivers Posts: 2
    edited December 2019

Hi, I just bought a BMC teammachine alr and I wanted to know how to adjust the seat. As it has an integrated seatclamp, I tried to turn the screw usps tracking under the frame but I can't be moved. Also there is a little hole on top the the frame but I don't know what is it for. Thank you for your help. (sorry for the english, I'm french)

Under the frame:

Top:

I also need help with the same.

Thanks in advance
    Regards,
    Oliver
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Does this help?

https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/media/downloads/download/Teammachine_Seatclamp_EN.pdf

Looking at the pictures, it would appear that you loosen the bolt underneath the top tube and then give it a tap with a drift and hammer to knock the wedge out slightly as it will be wedged tight against the seatpost. You might be able to free it without a drift by supporting the bike firmly and carefully knocking the seatpost out with a rubber mallet.

PP