thursday a dropping plague-spot of eternal ill

'ning

coffee and mince pie, excessively long webex, do stuff, bubbly dinner
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing this morning , voting later, all being well cycling , after the weekly shop
    Have a good day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    On the train again as I don't fancy a very soggy ride home.

Will take Stropteen down to the polling station after work (as she said she'll be voting for the same lot as me, otherwise she could make her own way as she might not be bothered to go if she has to get there herself). That's what good parenting is all about.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    TBH she could just be saying that and vote for someone else... :)
    Need to figure out who gets by big fat X sometime today.

Having a bad start to the day - forgotten to bring in so many things this morning. I guess things can only get better.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tired after a couple of days of Christmas parties - was fun though.

WFH today so might be able to go to gym type thing later (obviously after voting)
  • Morning. Another shitey day weather wise, wet, windy. You all know the score.

As a turbo session was done yesterday it'll be the weights today and hopefully surf tomorrow if conditions right.

Possibly consider getting all Xmas decorations out of loft, always a task and a half.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, feel like absolute grot today, got one of those bugs that just lurks in the background, bit of a sore throat a sniffle an the odd random ache but never actually develops. One more day an then off for a week so no doubt it will erupt fully then.
    Much avoiding work, not that there is much at the moment but still avoiding whats there.

Off to stare aimlessly at the rain for an hour, may wander down to the polling station at lunch, if not after work.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stuffed up with cold. Mince pie for breakfast - not out of choice, just most breakfasty item available in the cupboard. Rode in at slow speeds, well at least until the point I was getting a tow off a moped and someone came past and I was forced to give chase. Until I metaphorically collapsed in a heap coughing. Coffee, cake, chilli laced lunch, cake, collect mini, move stuff around in beautifully decorated front room ready for new sofa arriving tomorrow. Mrs H3 is out for Xmas do, so tonight's dinner will very likely be ordered rather than cooked, and will probably contain a lot of chilli. I think chilli is proven to clear colds.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Oh yeah, did a vote.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Foul weather here. Maybe will get stop some of the old crusty gammons venturing as far as X marks the vote. Make naff all difference in a blue wheelie bin wins constituency.

Might spend the day sorting out the final demise of 2 old desktop PCs, been avoiding the task for 1 year with one and 6 years the other. Ah, the good old days when photos were on paper.
  • Postal vote, have done so for as long as can remember.

If in doubt, keep Corbyn out. :)
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    still got horrid cold. not biked for a week now. getting grumpy
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    hopkinb said:

Stuffed up with cold. Mince pie for breakfast - not out of choice,

Ditto as I've been running down my stock of work breakfast items at home before the holidays.
    Finally got some of those ones that Sungod recommended. Apparently the bakery haven't had a delivery for 10 days so they had to keep pinching them from the cafe upstairs.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Do people really think the Tories have done such a great job over the last few years? They’re an absolute shitshow. Anyway, vote early, vote often. At least that’s what I did.
  • Wine fuzz in attendance, vote later, early night*

*maybe
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Morning folks,
    Do people really think the Tories have done such a great job over the last few years? They’re an absolute shitshow. Anyway, vote early, vote often. At least that’s what I did.

No I don't think they have done a great job and I also have doubts about Boris.

BUT, way better option than Corbyn and his commie cronies. Can you imagine what will happen if they get in? The country be ruined within 3 years, economy shattered.
    I'm old enough to vaguely remember the winter of discontent, power cuts, strikes etc.
    It would be a disaster and as for security, God help us!

Still, this is a democracy so vote as you all see fit.
  • How does his £10 wage for 16yr olds work?

My son (16yrs) has a job as a kitchen assistant in our local, if they had to pay him £10 per hour how is their £10 burger and chips going to sustainable?

It isn't. Its going to be £20 and nobody will buy it. The pub will lose custom and close.

Fnck Labour, set of idiots.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Took dog to the vet for periodic checkup, always fun. She's completely fine with the vet examination, just gets a little excited with all the other critters in the waiting room.

Green waste recycling day so spent the afternoon filling the bins with garden offcuts.

Early evening ride on squeaky bike. Must be the frame pivots at the BB as they're the only thing I've not stripped out and re-greased yet. Grrrr.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • I don't know about that, I've got a couple of snowy holidays to squeeze in over the next few months.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • oxoman said:

I'm not going to hark on about politics, just suffice to say I remember the cluster cluck mid eighties from one party and the other party totally clucking it up. Let's just say it's a bit like the weather today, I'm sick of it. Roll on summer.

True. As the old joke goes, no matter who you vote for the Government always gets in.
  • step83
    Got told to spec up my new workstation...

Dell Price£111,512.79

Doubt it'll get approved but I can try

No snow here just defrosted snow in the form of rain an lots of it.
    Semi political bit, are we doing the "in thing" of dogs at polling stations? I can do a photo of mine taking a dump which will sum things up.
  • Does that include food for the hamster driving the wheel?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ps
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • you
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • can
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    edited December 2019
    tell

I'm

On

Hold*

* And got thwarted by a spam filter :)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2019
    oxoman said:

Well done Stevo on bringing up a well adjusted young adult, sadly you failed if they're voting monster raving loony party the same as you. :D

Oxo, I'm pretty safe - she's not good enough at lying yet.

Anyway I say take her, I'll go with her and she can drive me in her car - I'm not firing up the Panzer to go 3/4 of a mile down the road :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Semi political bit, are we doing the "in thing" of dogs at polling stations? I can do a photo of mine taking a dump which will sum things up.

I would take the hound down but it'll be dark by time we get there. Also his evening walk is more about parking his lunch than running around so it might not look too good if he takes a shyte outside the polling station.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    step83 said:

I would take the hound down but it'll be dark by time we get there. Also his evening walk is more about parking his lunch than running around so it might not look too good if he takes a shyte outside the polling station.
    Au contraire. Would be a somewhat apposite representation of dUK politics this decade.
  • step83

Does that include food for the hamster driving the wheel?

Only three months premium food, after that it can starve
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    orraloon said:

step83 said:

Au contraire. Would be a somewhat apposite representation of dUK politics this decade.
    Took ours, slight issue as the house backs onto some woods as does the international polling station aka village hall, we got there and realised we didn’t have a lead, so took turns to walk around the car park with him