tuesday was monday until it discovered smirnoff

'ning

yesterday's mince pie rather average, hope for better today, barking gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc has awoken, still barking, sort out some hols stuff
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Nice evening here for a ride

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited December 2019
    Heh heh. I'd forgotten that ad campaign.

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    More an Absolute fan myself, Smirnoff is a bit meh.

Also mince pies here are shocking attempted one yesterday it disintegrated when I bit into it. Poor show.

Morning, been feeling rather low last few days now picked up a bug for the festive icing to a truly dismal cake so to speak.

Had one of those odd punctures as well, rode the bike, washed the bike all fine, hung the bike up, got bike down next day, flat tyre. Got the other bike down instead, fine so used that.
    Might put some more slick tyres on the "adventure bike" off roads far to claggy at the moment. Tyres got to come off anyway to sort the flat out so may as well.
  • hopkinb
    step83 said:

More an Absolute fan myself, Smirnoff is a bit meh.

Vodka is vodka. As long as it's not methanol, it's all much the same isn't it? A neutral spirit, best served from the freezer in shot glasses, and downed in one. It's nice with pickles, smoked fish, rye bread.

• step83
    True, I prefer the more dumpy bottle absolute comes in, that said I've had the same bottle for years now, meh more whiskey please!
    Throat feels like I've been gargling aggregate, I think its raining here now, office vampires are in full force closing all the blinds fast as I open them. Might leave some garlic cloves near the windows.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,520
    edited December 2019
    i stick to the old cold war standard...

...keep it in the deep freeze, serve in frozen glasses

for sore throat i recommend burning out the virus with pork, ginger and pineapple stirfry with plenty of diced chillis
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ^^ That stuff was used to launch the Soyuz Space Station wasn't it?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon. Stayed up north overnight for a meeting today, went out for a beer with a guy from work who I need to suck up to, then sat in Brewdog (millennial Wetherspoons) on my own after he'd gone. Currently pretending I'm not hungover whilst pretending to do the work I pretended I could finish by Friday.

We have a divisional 'off site' on Thursday at which I presume I'll be able to download my networking to the team and touch base offline whilst uploading my moving parts to some blue sky thinking. At least I get to sleep in my own bed tonight.

C'est ne pas bon.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    hopkinb said:

Heh heh. I'd forgotten that ad campaign.

I'm still waiting for a cheque for the image rights...

Tired due to dealing with mad hounds. A mate is coming into town for a course of some sort so three of us are meeting up for beer and curry, with maybe some extra drinks chucked in because it's Christmas. Any excuse really.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    sungod said:

i stick to the old cold war standard...

...keep it in the deep freeze, serve in frozen glasses

for sore throat i recommend burning out the virus with pork, ginger and pineapple stirfry with plenty of diced chillis

Your choice of medicine shall be tested, mean time I found some mini rolls seeing as the mince pies disintegrate when you so much as look at them.

Winds got up as well winds in the right direction for some extra timber to tumble into my garden, its all Pine so crap for burning.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

Tired due to dealing with mad hounds.

That's no way to refer to Stressers and Stroppers.. ;)

• hopkinb
    haydenm said:

...then sat in Brewdog (millennial Wetherspoons) on my own after he'd gone.

No wonder millenials can't afford houses. If they spend all their money on £7 two-thirds of a pints of posh stout/IPA ;)

'Spoons has the great virtue of being bl00dy cheap - it still boggles me that they sell quite a few beers for £1.99 a pint. Brewdog (at least in this London) is not at all cheap.

As a result though, most 'Spoons are not the nicest places, being populated by the permanently p!ssed, semi-jakey types. I suppose a step up from the Karpackie drinking street dwellers.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Tired due to dealing with mad hounds.

That's no way to refer to Stressers and Stroppers.. ;)

:D

There's 4 in my house if you put it that way...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Evening folks,
    Easy day of a first aid course has been had, finished early which is always a good thing. I’m now qualified to administer plasters for another 3 years, but no calpol. You have to be an MF to do that.
    Daughter passed her driving test so the added expense of insurance is imminent. Will waiting a couple of days until she turns 18 make any difference? I doubt it.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Christmas party and drinks has just finished, too early but as I used my card for the meal and early drinks probably best
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    hopkinb said:

haydenm said:

...then sat in Brewdog (millennial Wetherspoons) on my own after he'd gone.

No wonder millenials can't afford houses. If they spend all their money on £7 two-thirds of a pints of posh stout/IPA ;)

'Spoons has the great virtue of being bl00dy cheap - it still boggles me that they sell quite a few beers for £1.99 a pint. Brewdog (at least in this London) is not at all cheap.

As a result though, most 'Spoons are not the nicest places, being populated by the permanently p!ssed, semi-jakey types. I suppose a step up from the Karpackie drinking street dwellers.

I've got a perfectly nice house thanks ;)

Brewdog isn't the most expensive craft beer place I've ever been either, I keep saying to my dad (a firm Wetherspoons supporter) that if the difference in cost of a few beers meant I was so poor I couldn't afford a house I am drinking far too much...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Vodka - Absolut or Finlandia. I've still got a dribble in a bottle in the freezer from last xmas. Not enough to get me through the day, must re-stock. I think the shot glass is probably buried in ice.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!