Looking for an expert opinion/criticism

Hi

I've made my first review on MTB gear (backpacks) and would like if you give your fair opinion on what is written there in all senses.

This is no Ads but a kind request for real experts in MTB niche. All links in the article directing to US Amazon, so it is non profit for me at all.

The only thing that helps me is your feedback.

Link: MTB Backpack

Thanks,
Happy trails yall!

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    I have had a quick read through and my first impressions are:
    - Each pack is listed as "The best MTB pack with/for..." but there is no indication of what other packs they were compared to.
    - It takes about 30 seconds on Google to find out what M.U.L.E. stands for. This indicates a lack of research on your part.
    - You list the Osprey Raptor 14 as the "Best MTB Backpack with Back Protector". However, the Raptor doesn't have a back protector. Again, this shows a lack of research.
    - You say the Talon 33 is too large to be considered an MTB backpack and then have a review of the 44litre Kelty Redwing as the "Best High-Capacity MTB Backpack for Hiking".

As reviews of individual packs they are not bad, but to claim each one is the best in the classes you have defined is not really on.

“Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Looks like there wasn't any mud involved in the testing, tested only in the office.
    The vids made by others one of them 6 years old for a product that is no longer made. Total lack of comparison, also I have no idea why there is a picture of a Alibaba bike in the post.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • robertpb said:

Looks like there wasn't any mud involved in the testing, tested only in the office.
    The vids made by others one of them 6 years old for a product that is no longer made. Total lack of comparison, also I have no idea why there is a picture of a Alibaba bike in the post.

You are right, I haven't tested them at all. Youtube embeds are just to mix text and visual content.

Thank you for your fair feedback
  • JBA said:

I have had a quick read through and my first impressions are:
    - Each pack is listed as "The best MTB pack with/for..." but there is no indication of what other packs they were compared to.
    - It takes about 30 seconds on Google to find out what M.U.L.E. stands for. This indicates a lack of research on your part.
    - You list the Osprey Raptor 14 as the "Best MTB Backpack with Back Protector". However, the Raptor doesn't have a back protector. Again, this shows a lack of research.
    - You say the Talon 33 is too large to be considered an MTB backpack and then have a review of the 44litre Kelty Redwing as the "Best High-Capacity MTB Backpack for Hiking".

As reviews of individual packs they are not bad, but to claim each one is the best in the classes you have defined is not really on.

I guess, I stop reviewing products that I haven't tested myself, thanks :D