Please report new forum bugs here

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Still getting the user's name container showing at arbitrary height anything up to 1000s of pixels...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    What's with the 'post pending approval' ?? In what circumstances does the forum decide a post needs approval before going on?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    edited November 2019

What's with the 'post pending approval' ?? In what circumstances does the forum decide a post needs approval before going on?

Typically if a user is on 'moderation' watch and their posts go into a queue before being approved for publication by a mod. Wouldn't like to guess why it's being used in this particular instance though..

It would be a perfect way of screening all the 'new user spammers' if they applied it to newly registered members for their first 5 or so posts...
  • Finally after two weeks and now changing my username I’ve got on. Horrible new site
  • mr_evil
    mr_evil Posts: 234
    I think there's a problem with editing posts. Twice now, after editing a post, it has disappeared, and trying to post it again doesn't work. The first time was in the Swear Filter Test Thread. The edited post and the later attempt to re-post it have both re-appeared since then.

It happened again a little while ago in the Commuting bike pics thread. I made a post which worked, then I tried to edit it, but when I clicked "save", instead of saving, the post vanished. Trying to post it again did nothing.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    testing something
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • mr_evil
    mr_evil Posts: 234
    Those posts I menioned above that didn't show up have finally appeared. The first one has a timestamp of 2019-11-13T16:19:50, which is when I tried to post it, but the second one, which I tried to post a few minutes later, has a timestamp of 2019-11-14T09:55:25, nearly a day afterwards.
  • seajays
    seajays Posts: 331
    edited November 2019
    In a narrow browser window the "cog" menu on the forum opens up a menu list, but it appears to the left off the edge of the screen so you can't see any options:

Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
    Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
    My Strava
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218

Typically if a user is on 'moderation' watch and their posts go into a queue before being approved for publication by a mod. Wouldn't like to guess why it's being used in this particular instance though..

It would be a perfect way of screening all the 'new user spammers' if they applied it to newly registered members for their first 5 or so posts...
    Glad to see i'm on moderation watch, ha.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Not sure whether to call it a 'bug' or not - but whatever anti-spam measures are in place (if any) are clearly not working.

Why not just introduce a moderation queue for new members - as has been suggested many times before?
  • bompington

Glad to see i'm on moderation watch, ha.
    There's one for the irony thread.
  • Layout suggestion. As plenty have noted here, navigation options around the forum have changed, and not everyone (me included) finds it easy to jump from one section to another. The old "Jump To" link is gone, so when you finish scrolling and reading a thread in, say, Cake Stop and want to go to another Sub-Forum under the Road Cycling group (something in Pro Race for example) you have to scroll UP to the top and find the link to Road Cycling, then go from there. Or scroll up to your bookmarked threads list. Or...

Alternatively, there are hyperlinks provided (as there used to be), BUT they're not well designed.

At the TOP of the page (if you scroll back up) you are given this option:

This shows three levels: Forum Home -> Road Cycling - The Cake Stop. You can click the links for any level to get back to somewhere to find a new thread

However, at the bottom of the page, which is where you will usually be wanting to actually navigate away from, having finished reading the posts... you see only this:

This has Forum Home -> The Cake Stop. Great if I want to go back to only Cake Stop, but you've missed the link to Road Cycling which is in the same hyperlink setup at the top of the page.

Please fix.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833
    I have just posted to the Road/Fitness & Health forum. After posting I noticed a typo so I Edited and re-posted. Then I thought of something else to add and again Edited.

Now the post has been withheld pending approval and is not visible.

Seriously? Come on guys do you really need to have the power of a superior being just to administer a forum?
  • bompington
    Being forced to log in every time I go on the site today?
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    Hi team;

I've been administering the Metric Century Challenge thread for a few years and the table that I use to keep tally of people's rides now doesn't appear in the same format when posted as it did prior to the forum change. It's a fairly basic Excel file, you can see the difference in the last two posts I've put in that thread. Any ideas on what I can / need to do to get it looking as it did before? Forgive me if it's something very simple, I'm not very technically-minded... cheers.
  • bompington
    VERY ridiculous and anoying that editing ONE typo dumps a post into the moderation queue black hole. Silly and just the type of annoyance to drive people away.
  • bompington
    Just spotted a typo in the above but daren't fix it...
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Evening. How do I change the email address associated with my account? I changed it in the BikeRadar 'My Account' area but notifications are still going to the old address. And the old address is still shown within my Pro Race account area...
    Thanks
    Half man, Half bike
  • New format and functionality is dreadful. Unnecessarily complex to navigate to your required topics etc.
    Also I started a conversation with another member (PM) which he replied to but no indication anywhere that I had a new reply or message waiting i.e. no little number in the ‘in tray’ to show a new message waiting to be read.
    To be honest the whole format seems to be overly complex and a big step backwards in terms of user friendliness!
  • As a former regular user I've pretty given up with the forum. Doesn't seem to work at all on my phone. It was great while it lasted but I'm out.
  • One last thing ;) I accidently changed my user name and now I'm stuck with it. Can't get my old one back. I now have a stupid user name I never wanted
  • navrig2
    edited December 2019
    Can't see a photo on this post:

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13109277/are-they-cracks-on-the-rim#latest

Using Chrome on a Chromebook and am based overseas using a VPN but even with the VPN off no photo visible.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    How do I get rid off the Bikeradar video advert that is on constant repeat in the bottom right hand corner
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    The one that you close, then go to read a thread and it comes back, so you close it, then go back to the forum list and it comes back, so you close it again and click the next thread..... and so on. That one?
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    figbat said:

The one that you close, then go to read a thread and it comes back, so you close it, then go back to the forum list and it comes back, so you close it again and click the next thread..... and so on. That one?

I think they call that 'the final nail in the coffin'.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • navrig2
    Is there any point in posting to this thread? The Admin seems to have reverted to the same approach as was in the old BR forum. Do nothing unless someone was offensive then ban them.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,503
    Please can I become TheBigBean again. It won't let me pick that user name.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 said:

Can't see a photo on this post:

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13109277/are-they-cracks-on-the-rim#latest

Using Chrome on a Chromebook and am based overseas using a VPN but even with the VPN off no photo visible.

Now sorted. Not sure if anyone did anything but if they did, thanks,
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Using Edge, when replying to DM's, I can't use my mouse in the text editing box to place the cursor where I want to. very, very annoying.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • Last couple of days I am being signed out of the forum across multiple devices again. Why?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS