Monday: Don’t Vark too Aard

Warm but mostly cloudy day. Was intending a lazy day, but ended up installing more architraves. May be a late ride happening, may be a few drinks instead.

And a haircut.

Or all the above.

Not necessarily in that order.
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long office day planed which is unwelcome

Later is meant to be running club but doubt I will get back in time
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

no plan aside from coffee and a mince pie, may bail early and do something i meant to do, assuming i can remember what it was
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale again, so it looks like the decorations will be going up today, has anyone tried the m&s chocolate, cranberry and orange panettone very moorish to say the least
    Have a good day
  • Morning. Still storm force winds here, plan on surf later - yes really. Need to go to a certain sheltered spot.
    Other than that work tonight.
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Morning. Hopefully, the current transaction that is causing unnecessary fussing will finally complete today. Will try to hit the gym at lunchtime.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Hard weekend chucking shyyte away, trips to the tip, moving furniture. Today the first floor bedroom shutters are going in, and the carpet up the stairs & landing plus then the next set of stairs and the final landing. Decorator is hopefully making a start on the front room, which is the last room to be done. Dining table, coffee table, mirrors all arriving on Wednesday, and the front room sofa on Friday. Then one last weekend of shifting stuff around, maybe a couple more trips to the tip and we will be done.

This week I will mainly be getting shyyte done. My last day is next Wednesday, and Mrs H3 is getting her bunions done next Thursday, so she will be spending Christmas in bed, while I scurry about. :|
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, resting in the office after a hard weekend of riding bikes. Great mtb ride on Saturday on the fancy bike which I haven't ridden in a month, then testing the new forks on the CdF on a very trendy gravel ride in a storm. Today I have to write a bit on last year's budget performance then head up north to have a beer with someone for work, yay beer!
  • Dry and bright here, may hit the gym later for an hour.

Pork joint is in the slow cooker ready to be pulled tonight, mmmmmmm, piggy based goodness.

Christmas shopping is now getting there so all is looking good.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Very slow ride in this morning due to a combination of unfitness and wind blowing in the wrong direction as it always does. Just waiting for it to change direction in order to stuff up the ride home. In the meantime, making up for the calorie deficit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

Just waiting for it to change direction in order to stuff up the ride home.

Met office suggests it will stay northwesterly for you, which should mean you don't even have to pedal on the way home.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Just waiting for it to change direction in order to stuff up the ride home.

Met office suggests it will stay northwesterly for you, which should mean you don't even have to pedal on the way home.

Yay, just like mountain biking in Wales B)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited December 2019
    Windy this morning but it's stopped as per forecast.
    Wasn't worth riding to work in a 50 mph headwind just to get 10 mph tailwind on the way home.
    Half of the office weren't in today. Apparently they all got norovirus at their Christmas party last week. Sounds like the wrong sort of party to me.
    M&S had run out of mince pies. The baker said I need to get there before 11 tomorrow to get one.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb said:

....and Mrs H3 is getting her bunions done ...

It's all them stairs wot made them.
    Stevo_666 said:

Yay, just like mountain biking in Wales B)

Yep, there must be loads of vans in London that you can cadge a lift in.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    It's the weird flat feet and refusal to wear shoes that fit that has caused the bunions.

I'm off to the theatre tomorrow. I hate the theatre. Death of a salesman, with Bunk out of The Wire. I did like The Wire.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited December 2019
    Arthur Miller. I read that whilst Inter railling whilst I stayed in Bern for a few days. The Crucible is good too.
    Went to a cabaret... in a private house... played pool, to the amazement of my hosts (they hadn't a clue)... got introduced to pot...
    I came of age during that trip.

It's a good play - have you seen Dustin Hoffman play the part?

My brother is the same. His feet are a mess.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Hellow