Can you help me choose the correct fitting hope parts for my 2016 orange five?

Hi, decided to replace my headset, crank, chain ring and BB to hope, its the first time doing it on the orange so I'm in need of assistance confirming the compatibly in relation to size for my 2016 orange five. I also need to know that the selected crank, chainring and BB will work together for my frame . For your information here is a link to my bike's technical info page - https://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bike-archive/five-pro/2016

Crank - Hope Evo Spiderless Crankset - can you confirm that my frame uses a 68mm - 73mm size crank? This is the crank in question - https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-evo-spiderless-crankset/rp-prod186446

BB - Hope BB - What size Hope BB would I need for my bike, the 24mm or 30 mm ? And would they be compatible with the crank I have linked previously?

Chain Ring - Would I need the Hope spiderless chain ring or the hope spiderless boost chain ring? I would be using the 30tooth option.

Would the crank, BB, and ring be compatible with each other also?

Hope Headset - on chain reaction , on the hope headset pick and mix page, what size bottom cup, spacer, top cup, top cap, would I need? Or anything else I've missed off?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Orange 5 has a 73mm bb shell.
    The Hope Evo crankset has a 30mm axle so you need a BB to match.
    You need a standard chain ring as your bike is not boost.

All the parts are made by Hope so will be compatible.

The headset is ZS49/28.6 upper, EC49/40 lower. You need a Hope 4F headset - Size 4 upper (44mm), Size F lower (56mm).
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • mtblad
    mtblad Posts: 14
    Thanks for your help mate, really appreciate it
  • mtblad
    JBA said:

Orange 5 has a 73mm bb shell.
    The Hope Evo crankset has a 30mm axle so you need a BB to match.
    You need a standard chain ring as your bike is not boost.

All the parts are made by Hope so will be compatible.

The headset is ZS49/28.6 upper, EC49/40 lower. You need a Hope 4F headset - Size 4 upper (44mm), Size F lower (56mm).

I searched for a hope 4F headset but I can't seem to find one, do you think you could link me one?

Thanks a bunch
  • JBA
    edited December 2019
    Hope headsets are pick and mix. You buy the upper and lower parts separately. Loads of places sell them.
    CRC have both the LOWER and UPPER in stock. Just pick your colour.

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • mtblad
    JBA said:

Hope headsets are pick and mix. You buy the upper and lower parts separately. Loads of places sell them.

Thanks, do I need to buy a hope race crown baiting to go with the headset or it it integrated in the bottom cup?

So before I buy is this correct...
    Hope Pick Mix ZS49/28.6 upper cup
    Hope Pic Mix EC49/40 lower Cup
    Is that a complete headset?

One more thing I've lost my bolt of my old headset that goes inside the top fork tamper steerer, do hope make these or where could I get a spare?

ps do you know what the from 34 fork steerer diameter is ?

Thanks mate
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You may want edit the typo's and so people know what you mean!

A Fox 34 fork (is that what you mean by From 34) can come with a plain (1 1/8") or tapered (1 1/8" top, 1 1/2" lower) steerer, what does yours have?

The top cap bolt is just an M6 cap head bolt to the right length, usually 35 or 50mm, yes Hope supply one as part of the top headset. Not sure what a 'tamper steerer' is though.

No idea what a 'race crown baiting' is but if you mean a crown race then yes it comes with the headset, its not integrated though or you couldn't fit it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JBA
    mtblad said:

JBA said:

Thanks, do I need to buy a hope race crown baiting to go with the headset or it it integrated in the bottom cup?

So before I buy is this correct...
    Hope Pick Mix ZS49/28.6 upper cup
    Hope Pic Mix EC49/40 lower Cup
    Is that a complete headset?

One more thing I've lost my bolt of my old headset that goes inside the top fork tamper steerer, do hope make these or where could I get a spare?

ps do you know what the from 34 fork steerer diameter is ?

Thanks mate
    A split crown race comes with the lower headset.

Hope type F lower.
    Hope type 4 upper.

If you look on the link to your bike that you posted up there^^^ it tells you exactly what you need.

Fox 34 steerer on your bike is standard taper.

Not sure what you mean by "top fork tamper steerer" so can't advise on that.

• JBA
    edited December 2019
    Edit: Links I posted last week but have only appeared today!

LOWER

UPPER

• JBA
    edited December 2019
    Duplicate post from last week!

• JBA
    edited December 2019
    Duplicate of something I posted last week!

• JBA
    edited December 2019
    Another duplicate post.
    This new forum really is pants.