Kickr climb

Thinking of getting one of these and wondering how good they are,? .. Are they worth the money? ... How reliable are they? And do they make zwifting a better experience.
Tia
Lapierre Aircode 300
Merida

Comments

• Yes I want Aslo know about this Anyone give response
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I tried one and it did add a different element but somehow didn't feel natural so I decided it wasn't worth the money.

Worth checking out the review by dcrainmaker and also Shane Miller.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    It's ok, but doesn't feel particularly natural. I like that it does put you into a more realistic position when on a sustained climb, particularly when doing out of the saddle work, which feels a bit wrong without the front of the bike raised. However, it doesn't feel great on rapid gradient changes. Thinking of Zwift, it's great on the Epic KOM or Alpe de Zwift, but rubbish on Titan's Grove or the Esses. It might actually feel better if the Kickr could drive the flywheel like a Neo can, because then the negative gradient would feel more realistic as well. To summarise, I don't think I'd buy one again unless there was a really significant price drop on it.
  • OK thanks lads... You've certainly helped me make my mind up.. Cheerio climb. 👍👍

Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958

OK thanks lads... You've certainly helped me make my mind up.. Cheerio climb. 👍👍

It's worth noting that many local bike shops who stock wahoo products have a kickr climb available in store for customers to try it.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I tried one in Condor in London the other week, seemed like a bit of a gimmick to be honest... Their Headwind fan seems like it would be more useful, it really kicks out some air and it has a bunch of fancy functions like coupling the fan speed to your heart rate so it kicks up once you've warmed up... Didn't get to try that one. Unfortunately it is very expensive for a fan.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    There's been a lot on the internet about the belts snapping and people nearly coming off their bikes.
    As for the fan, you can get an equivalent one for 1/3 of the wahoo price. It doesn't do HR but still kicks out a tonne more air than you need.
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited December 2019
    To me, the Kickr climb is a nice to have. A very expensive nice to have. So I will not buy it. If they discount it, I will consider buying it.

I like the Wahoo KICKR and the Wahoo headwind though.