friday making ether the old fashioned way

'ning

looks like nippy is turning into soggy, suspect this is related to neutrino oscillation with the third state, sunnywarm, being the least probable

coffee, mince pie, have a natter, kill, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet and windy I thought it might rain as I managed to wash the car yesterday
    Have a good day
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, shite again. Annual review later, I'm hoping that as it's over the phone I'm unlikely to be fired (unless they use the call to invite me to London for a meeting with HR). I've worked my weekly hours before even coming in this morning and I don't get paid overtime, I don't really have time for a review... I do obviously have time to post on here though.

Weekend will be a mixture of bikes and drinking, the best sort.
  • haydenm
    haydenm said:

Morning, shite again. Annual review later, I'm hoping that as it's over the phone I'm unlikely to be fired (unless they use the call to invite me to London for a meeting with HR). I've worked my weekly hours before even coming in this morning and I don't get paid overtime, I don't really have time for a review... I do obviously have time to post on here though.

Weekend will be a mixture of bikes and drinking, the best sort.

Edit: aha, swear filter doesn't spot swear words which are more popular in Scotland
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    WFH so visit to the pub was enjoyed last night. Shame the milk is off, will have to visit the garage.

Later will be pub based as it’s Friday
  • Officially fed up with this continuing shite weather. Windy, raining, garbage. Cold I don't mind a all, frosty even freezing is fine but wet, mild and windy sucks.

Other than that a great day. Turbo yesterday so weights session on cards today.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    fcken soggy. running out of copies of the Nikkei with which to stuff my wet shoes, must go on a hunt.
    Head down for the home straight, potential mince pie purchasing and coffee, as I woke up at 5 for no reason.. Then a weekend of moving stuff around in the house, finally starting to get some semblance of normality. TV being installed on the wall in the new family room today, with one of those Sonos sound beams underneath it. Might buy a pair of the play 1 speakers from the same manufacturer and mount them on the wall behind the sofa as rear speakers, though that's pretty ugly, so I probably won't.
    How does the investment fund make money from trees hayden? Is it the timber? Or is it speculation on land prices? Or do you have shoots/fishing rights? EU subsidies? Or can you harvest the locals and sell them into slavery?
  • haydenm
    Ordered some new carbon forks for the CdF yesterday at 3pm, apparently they are arriving today between 2pm and 3pm, I am excited.
  • Parched due to red wine last night. 2o'clock finish and a haircut beckons.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • More shite weather here too, howling wind and showery all day (and night). Meh.

Chiropractor, usual routine. Results of scans are in, news is not new, just a variation of the last one, only worse. Recommendation is NFI. Woohoo.

Sparky turned up and did a nice job installing all the new lights. Now just need walls full of artwork.

Weekend of architrave and skirting board installation coming up.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    hopkinb said:

fTV being installed on the wall in the new family room today, with one of those Sonos sound beams underneath it. Might buy a pair of the play 1 speakers from the same manufacturer and mount them on the wall behind the sofa as rear speakers, though that's pretty ugly, so I probably won't.

Alright for some, it took me and Stropteen a few years to get Stressbag just to upgrade to a bigger telly.

Short day in the office as headed back to get some stuff sorted then get ready for an early-ish start we're off to Cambridge tomorrow for juniors interview. I'm just the taxi service so may get a bit of time to wander round the place.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Hmm, weather here is just miserable. It's a bit damp, but not proper exciting rain. The wind's dropped as well.
    I seem to have picked up a lurgy again - half strength cold but with a headache. Probably from people constantly coughing and sneezing over me. Hopefully I can be ill on work time next week and be better for the week off I've booked.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859

Hmm, weather here is just miserable. It's a bit damp, but not proper exciting rain. The wind's dropped as well.
    I seem to have picked up a lurgy again - half strength cold but with a headache. Probably from people constantly coughing and sneezing over me. Hopefully I can be ill on work time next week and be better for the week off I've booked.

No run later then?
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

No run later then?
    Nah, didn't fancy doing it solo and went out this morning anyway.
    There's one at Llandegla too but there's a compulsory kit list most of which I don't have.
  • haydenm

tlw1 said:

No run later then?
    There's one at Llandegla too but there's a compulsory kit list most of which I don't have.
    They hold running races at Llandegla?! I'll have to put a stop to that.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Sat in the local. Pint of Tiny Rebel "Easy Livin' Pale".
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    haydenm said:

tlw1 said:

No run later then?
    They hold running races at Llandegla?! I'll have to put a stop to that.
    I know, it's terrible. Coed y Brenin is even worse.

I think someone's realised there's more money to be made from running than cycling.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316

I think someone's realised there's more money to be made from running than cycling.

B*stards, b*stads, b*stards.
    That'll be the end of cycling in the UK.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    edited December 2019
    avoided the worst of the rain this morning, parked my bike in the middle of the bike shed,forecast said only a 25% rain on the way home,work decided I needed to be mentor for someone who just started and I literally am old enough to be their mum,yay thats going to work out so well isnt it :( and my luck didnt improve as the 25% rain turned into a 100% deluge and somehow my bike in the middle of the bike shed which had no roof leaks was like Id left it outside instead, the wind which was a pita on the way home had literally just blown the water through the gap at the bottom of the bike shed and the middle was like the vortex for the spray.