Donald Trump

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Sondland about to say in opening testimony that there was a quid pro-quo and everyone involved knew about it, that'll hit the fan, not what the repubs were expecting :D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    This is going to get interesting, hes already pointing the finger at Pompeo, who so far has dodged most of the accusations.

Also interestingly it seems Giuliani was dealing direct with the Ukraine which is going to be setting off alarm bells in some areas.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,606
    Speaking at a joint press conference, US President Donald Trump said the National Health Service would form part of negotiations over a possible future trade deal between the UK and US.
    "When you're dealing in trade, everything is on the table," he said.

DONALD Trump today said the US isn’t interested in the NHS as part of a future trade deal with the UK even if it is “on a silver platter”.
    The US President said he “didn’t even know where the rumour came from” in a move that shoots down one of Jeremy Corbyn’s main election attacks.

I wonder which Donald Trump is visiting the Queen.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney said:

Speaking at a joint press conference, US President Donald Trump said the National Health Service would form part of negotiations over a possible future trade deal between the UK and US.
    "When you're dealing in trade, everything is on the table," he said.

DONALD Trump today said the US isn’t interested in the NHS as part of a future trade deal with the UK even if it is “on a silver platter”.
    The US President said he “didn’t even know where the rumour came from” in a move that shoots down one of Jeremy Corbyn’s main election attacks.

I wonder which Donald Trump is visiting the Queen.

Yeah it's not like Trump has ever gone back on anything before is it?
  • pblakeney
    It’s not hard to see where the rumour came from. 😂😂😂
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • He's all about gold, not silver.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,200
    I bet BoJo cringes everytime Der Trumpf opens his cake hole.
    ...and, he loses a couple of voters here and there in the process.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Except the Senate might just stick behind him.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,696
    pinno said:

Except the Senate might just stick behind him.

Apparently there's no double jeopardy rule in impeachments, so if the current Senate summarily dismisses it, the House of Representatives can send it back to Senate after the 2020 election, though that would be messy, I guess.
  • Two thirds in Senate that has a partisan majority for three repugs side. This is about optics to the voters. Trump will not get impeached. Not until the Democrats hold both houses and hold the Senate with a big majority such that repug senators think going against them isn't worth doing.

I really think the impeachment process is set up to make sure the two party system never actually impeaches any POTUS.
  • I think Trump is a scapegoat for the American elite. He will atone for the sins of the past + society will let off steam
  • pblakeney
    Trump atone?
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • I think Trump is a scapegoat for the American elite. He will atone for the sins of the past + society will let off steam

Welcome to the forum
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Wrong language mayhap. Try Dobro pozhalovat' na forum.
  • orraloon said:

Wrong language mayhap. Try Dobro pozhalovat' na forum.

It's all Ukraine now, don't you know? That was posted from Crowdstrike's lost server.
  • His description of how NATO finances work is quite something - for anyone who thinks a trade deal with him will be easy:

• pinno
    "How the f*cking f*ck f*ck did he become the f*cking POTUS?"

(Trenton Tarantino)

• pblakeney
    pinno said:

"How the f*cking f*ck f*ck did he become the f*cking POTUS?"

(Trenton Tarantino)

I understand the sentiment but the answer is quite simple. Money.
    He had the money to back his campaign and he targeted it correctly.
    The stupid bought what he was selling. Reference also BJ.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    So here it is Merry Impeachment, everybody's having 'fun'...

But he'll probably not leave office.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    I watched 20 minutes of the live congress debate last night and it was like watching a person talking about the sun and another talking about the moon whilst the problem was definitely the sun. It was surreal.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,223
    Seems a ridiculous system, what are the chances of both houses being controlled by one Party while the President is from the opposite side at the time of the impeachment process? The chance of the President actually being found guilty are pretty remote. I would say the trial should be by an independent judiciary but with the way judges are appointed in the US that's not likely to be viable either.
  • It's always been based on sand, with norms and what is generally acceptable behaviour holding it together. When one side decides to just take advantage of the fact there are no actual rules, it's a dangerous time. Mitch McConnell will go down in history for making this happen.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,696
    edited December 2019
    This sort of stuff doesn't come from a well brain:

“I never understood wind,” Trump said. “I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous — if you are into this — tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?”

“So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. You talk about the carbon footprint, fumes are spewing into the air, right spewing, whether it is China or Germany, is going into the air,” he continued.

“A windmill will kill many bald eagles,” Trump continued. “After a certain number, they make you turn the windmill off, that is true. By the way, they make you turn it off. And yet, if you killed one, they put you in jail. That is OK. But why is it OK for windmills to destroy the bird population?”

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498

This sort of stuff doesn't come from a well brain:

“I never understood wind,” Trump said. “I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous — if you are into this — tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?”

“So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. You talk about the carbon footprint, fumes are spewing into the air, right spewing, whether it is China or Germany, is going into the air,” he continued.

“A windmill will kill many bald eagles,” Trump continued. “After a certain number, they make you turn the windmill off, that is true. By the way, they make you turn it off. And yet, if you killed one, they put you in jail. That is OK. But why is it OK for windmills to destroy the bird population?”

and the sad thing is - people will either ignore it or rebut the comment of fumes spewing ... but I doubt anyone will go back on the "I have studied it better than anybody." which is clearly untrue - and if he's willing to lie so early on, then surely everything else he says can be taken with the same level of truthfulness.

The sad thing is, there are people that will take it all as true
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    pinno said:
    I think the Trump saw the accordion pieces (there's more than one) because he's stopped doing it! He tends to grasp the lectern now.

The older I get, the better I was.

• pblakeney
    Possibly just trying not to fall over.
    Quite common at his age.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Anyone else finding it slightly amusing Iran being out crazied by Trump. For years Iran has leveraged its crazy lying approach to international affairs. They seem to be meeting an equally crazy force at present. If we ignore the likely human cost.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,185
    john80 said:

Anyone else finding it slightly amusing Iran being out crazied by Trump. For years Iran has leveraged its crazy lying approach to international affairs. They seem to be meeting an equally crazy force at present. If we ignore the likely human cost.

The possible more rational explanation for what happened a couple of days ago is that it is election year.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]