Who is where doing what ?

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited November 2019 in Pro race
Here is Wanty in Chareloi go karting ( my man Offredo is now sticking with them for another year and of course is dead centre 😀

Comments

• specialgueststar
    edited November 2019
    Nairo, brother, et Al have landed in Rennes and been introduced to the team. Bouhanni also there

Bouhanni. Quintana. Barguil. That needs a certain type of DS :o

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Think if Barguil could mentally handle the Ineos grind, he could be truly great.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • De Gendt and Wellens are bikepacking in Spain

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    'Let's give cyclo touring a different name and make it cool.'
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Having consider the best way to wind up twitter trolls Chris Froome has gone waterskiing. (I know it's a board not skis, but waterboarding doesn't sound right)

Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    RichN95. said:

Having consider the best way to wind up twitter trolls Chris Froome has gone waterskiing. (I know it's a board not skis, but waterboarding doesn't sound right)

Here's a question. I appreciate we all have no idea, but it's fun to speculate: do you think Froome will be able to return to the level he was at prior to his horrendous crash? and I guess I mean that both in absolute and relative terms (as I get the feeling his competition has sped up, but I may be very wrong).
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    It's going to be hard to judge. Was he slightly on the wane in any case? It was possible that he had just gone beyond his peak so if he doesn't quite reach his previous level it will be hard to say if it is due to the injury or simply nature taking its course. He seems to have physically recovered very quickly considering the extent of his injuries though, I certainly didn't expect to see him wake boarding.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    don't think he will win a top level 3 week stage race again, unless everything falls into alignment. those injuries will have taken their toll (probably)..
  • RichN95.

RichN95. said:

Here's a question. I appreciate we all have no idea, but it's fun to speculate: do you think Froome will be able to return to the level he was at prior to his horrendous crash? and I guess I mean that both in absolute and relative terms (as I get the feeling his competition has sped up, but I may be very wrong).
    As Pross says he's at an age where decline can happen at any time anyway. I guess the water skiing suggests he's happy with his condition right now. I'm unconvinced that the other have sped up. And Roglic gets better all the time I wonder if he did too much this year and will suffer for it next.
  • m.r.m.
    He is an incredibly driven individual. I'd expect him to win at least another Tour. Quite probably 2. I think the gravity of injuries is overstated mostly nowadays. Modern medicine does seem to allow many athletes to return quicker than before and at a substantially higher level.
  • specialgueststar
    edited November 2019
    m.r.m. said:

Modern medicine does seem to allow many athletes to return at a substantially higher level.

< Tabloidedit />

• I love Wellens and TdG.

They are bringing off season publicity to their sponsors which can't be a bad thing.
  • RichN95.
    After the Gareth Bale "Wales.Golf.Madrid" flag controversy, another flag has emerged

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    The Anchorman prequel has started filming

]
  • m.r.m.
    Really like the suit. :#
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Perhaps they are struggling to attract sponsors and he has had to go to a couple of interview pitches...
    Half man, Half bike
  • rick_chasey
    m.r.m. said:

Really like the suit. :#

Petrol blue? No.

Tie bar to match? Double no.
  • m.r.m.
    Get off your own lawn, you old git! :p

That color is amazing. Almost as good as Ozwald Boateng's colors!
  • rick_chasey
    m.r.m. said:

Get off your own lawn, you old git! :p

That color is amazing. Almost as good as Ozwald Boateng's colors!

Petrol blue is great if you watch love island and like to broke FX or regional insurance for a living.
  • m.r.m.
    edited December 2019
    "Show us on the doll where the big bad color touched you, Ricky" ;):p

https://www.stylebaseafrica.com/sba/2018/5/8/ozwald-boateng-arise-fashion-week-2018

The hues of each color are just utterly amazing here. Even black doesn't have to be boring with shades/hues of color and different textures. That being said, I prefer the cut of Sagan's suit compared to the ones in this link.