Men's Rider of the Year

2»

Comments

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,336
    Am greatly looking forward to him hopefully going full road after Tokyo 2020.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,531
    M.R.M. wrote:
    Am greatly looking forward to him hopefully going full road after Tokyo 2020.

There's an argument to suggest an ingredient in his success is that he does not commit fully to road.

A bit like when Cav did well in 2016 after quite a long winter on the track.

With Sagan's success, and you can see the same in a number of sports; I think there is a trend to believing that being multi-discipline is actually very additive.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,336
    Think it's perfectly fine to do cyclocross over the winter, but think mountain bike doesn't really add much. Doesn't matter to me either as long as he rides all the spring monuments as well as Strade Bianche. Cycling season ends after LBL (actually P-R) anyway. :wink:
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Ala for me..
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • If anyone is interested, which I doubt, the Velo d'Or did go to Alaphilippe, with Bernal runner up and Roglic 3rd.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.