saturday creating entropy, with panache

'ning

cold, cold, but dry, so very dry

ride up and down, coffee, maybe test a new mince pie
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    Think it's cold here too but not been outside yet.
    Will try and get some motivation to do something today.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, Freezing this morning, dog walked all of the shopping done , club ride at 9 o’clock , looks like an extra layer sort of morning
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Oxo - crap news

In sunny Aberdovey - so I imagine skidding down sand dunes and pub will be the plan
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Aberdovey! Or a Aberdyfi as it seems to be now. Got rained on many times there as a kid. Holidays in Towyn (Tywyn) or Aberystwyth for many years.

Running round after the girls today, and the dog returns along with my mother on a visit for the birthdays.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks,
    Very glad the lad is ok Oxo, dread anything like that happening and now the girl is starting to drive I fear the Mini isn’t good enough. He can cope with things not going to plan much better than she can. Things often don’t go to plan with that car.
    Need to do a bit of running around today then into the loft to get the Christmas dec’s down. They are not allowed to be put up until December starts though.
    Bah humbug!
  • veronese68
    Hope the other guy ‘fesses up to ease the pain a little. Still lots of hassle.
    We have done the dec’s early for years, became a tradition for us as the EPO’s mum died early December some years back and it helped the Mrs by giving her something to think about. Just carried on ever since.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Yeah Mini's: Damp in the Dizzy, points wearing out, erratic fuel pumps, tie bar bushes f*cked after no time (especially with a big right foot), oil loss in the damper pot, dim headlights, terrible heater...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Today is wintry like. Everything is white with the frost.
    Been busy chopping wood in the morning sun. Beautiful really.

Laters.
  • Tradies round first thing to install new shower stuff in bathroom. Years gone by we'd have done it ourselves, but decided that standing back and throwing cash at somebody else to do the cr@p jobs is a much better option. Spent the time fettling bikes in the shed, sitting in the sun with a coffee and other important tasks instead.

Went riding this arvo on newly fettled bike, it works better. Unfortunately, I don't...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Yeah Mini's: Damp in the Dizzy, points wearing out, erratic fuel pumps, tie bar bushes f*cked after no time (especially with a big right foot), oil loss in the damper pot, dim headlights, terrible heater...

Eliminated all of those but the terrible heater. A new loom, fuel injection and ditching the sunroof would help it along.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480

Morning folks,
    Very glad the lad is ok Oxo, dread anything like that happening and now the girl is starting to drive I fear the Mini isn’t good enough. He can cope with things not going to plan much better than she can. Things often don’t go to plan with that car.
    Need to do a bit of running around today then into the loft to get the Christmas dec’s down. They are not allowed to be put up until December starts though.
    Bah humbug!

Might be worth trying to get her something newer but small and boring like we did with Stropteen (1l Polo). Its bad enough her imagining problems with that car, never mind an old motor. (The last problem she wanted sorting was the fuel gauge not moving off max until she'd driven a fair few miles....). A mate of mine who has 3 kids who all drive got them a Polo as a sort of pool car and they have to work out between them who uses it when.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Morning All, from a very chilly sub tropical -2 east midlands. Currently contemplating very large pig based breakfast to make up for lack of sustenance after yesterday's shenanigans. Thanks for comments yesterday it was appreciated, luckily everyone ok. Transport sorted for Lad. Heads up to folks on here with under 21yr,s that drive, don't expect them to get a hire or courtesy car after an accident. No hire cars under 21 and courtesy car only good if car being repaired.

Hope you get it sorted Oxo. Luckily my kid will be leaving her econobox at home when she goes to uni so that will massively reduce the accident risk for about 30 weeks a year. Stressbag can then use it as a runaround and we can get shot of the old family mobile which is starting to get a bit past it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    Bike. Slippery. Gym. Bike. Icy stuff gone. Home. Time to have a laze for the rest of the day.

Gym is in nearby town, on a retail park which gets busy in normal weekends. But because y'know Christmas town was gridlocked with traffic. Why do so many people get in their cars and drive into town knowing full well it will be an awful experience?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

(The last problem she wanted sorting was the fuel gauge not moving off max until she'd driven a fair few miles....)..

Sounds like the petrol tank breather is blocked.

• hopkinb

Out for ham, and other spanish bits. :)
  • hopkinb
    oxoman said:

Looks like wet blood soaked tissues. :D
    Yummy.

Ewww. Tasted a lot better than that though.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Out for ham, and other spanish bits. :)

Looks like you're drinking water - TLW will be sending the boys round for a word.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

(The last problem she wanted sorting was the fuel gauge not moving off max until she'd driven a fair few miles....)..

Don't think so, it works fine once she's been through a couple of gallons. I've had a couple of cars with fuel gauges like that.
  • pinno
    edited December 2019
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Don't think so, it works fine once she's been through a couple of gallons. I've had a couple of cars with fuel gauges like that.
    Do you get slight suction noise when removing the filler cap?

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Do you get slight suction noise when removing the filler cap?

Nope - just tried it now to double check.