Black Friday...and wanting to go Carbon help?

Hello from Sweden!
Ok, I need help! I've got a great Campy spec Specialized Secteur, about 8 years old. I like to do sportifs like the Vätternrundan, 300km. So comfort over racing is key. I'm also a bit of a tarby tucker,...more so in recent years since I haven't really been for a long spin since my kids were born. (5 years ago). In an effort to motivate myself to get out on the road, I thought its time for something new and shiny! Here is my list....and I can't decide:
-Planet X Pro Carbon Evo SRAM force 22, 1,299 GBP less 20 percent Black Friday
(Heard a lot of negative stuff about Planet X that put me off....)
-Dolan Tuono SL Campy Centaur 1.549 GBP - No special deal as yet
(No deal,...and much as I like Campy...I'd like to try something new.)
-Pinarello Gran K Disk 105 - 1,999 GPP
(Kinda out of my budget,...but....it does have all the whistles and bells,..but, will it be too 'racer' for me? Oh...and being a Campy fan, not keen on fishing equipment on my bike.)

I looked at Ribble, Rose and Canyon,....but nothing floated my boat.

I'm guessing everyone is going to say go Gran K disk,...but...having never seen in the flesh or ridden any of these bikes, I really don't know which would be the most comfortable for a lardy arse on long rides?

Hope to hear some pearls of wisdom.

Regards,

Mike

Comments

• Ha! I like the autochange for swearing! Sorry!! :D
  • ...Oh...and I've just seen a SPECIALIZED 2019 MEN'S TARMAC DISC SPORT ROAD BIKE for 1,450 GBP. I guess the Roubaix is more what I want...but, would the Tarmac be so different?
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    Tarmac is racier. Roubaix has a more upright position.
  • It's very hard for us to advise you without actually going to a shop and trying out these bikes.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I've three Planet X bikes. Never had a problem. You hear negative stuff about all big volume bike retailers. I'd happily buy again.
  • Hi Joe...thats the problem...I can't go to any bike store.....I don't have any local that sell 'road bikes'....
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    fenix said:

I've three Planet X bikes. Never had a problem. You hear negative stuff about all big volume bike retailers. I'd happily buy again.

yeah - i'll second this - i've built up a few planet x frames and all been great
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes